Network Extender 2 and Home Phone connect
vilmedia

My Network Extender 2 works with our cell phones, but doesn't with our Verizon Home Phone. Any solution, or is this simply the nature of the beast?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network Extender 2 and Home Phone connect
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, vilmedia and we'll be more than willing to help clear up this concern for you regarding your Home Phone Connect. By default, the LTE Network Extender 2 supports 4G smartphones with simultaneous voice and data capability. Please note that it does not support legacy 1X voice or 3G EVDO data services. Are you using a 3G or 4G Home Phone Connect at home?

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
vilmedia

Thanks for your response. I don't see an indication of 3G or 4G on the unit, but I assume it is a 3G, since I've had it for some time. It's Huawei ModelF256-BVW. It isn't showing any improvement of signal level with the Network Extender, while our cell phones show multiple bars (whereas previously we were working with an average of 1 bar...). Is there a 4g "home phone" unit that works with the Network Extender?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for thel helpful details, vilmedia. The device you have is a 3G device. The Wireless Home Phone T2000 is a 4G device that would work with a 4G Network Extender. You can view this device here, http://spr.ly/6601ENIOx.

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
vilmedia

Thank you for your assistance.

0 Likes