LTE Network Extender ASK-SFE116 error 8C
rsings
Enthusiast - Level 2

Reading through other posts with similar setup/connection issues.   (4) times on separate days dealing with Verizon tech support to so far no avail.  Just switched to Verizon from another major carrier and need this device to work for my basement home office.  I have the unit setup properly, went through all the major troubleshooting exercises with reboot, resets, etc etc.   Unit can see satellites, connects to servers then blips out to error 8C every time.  Cannot connect phones.   As far as I can tell, my router can see the unit and I cannot see anything there with the security/firewall that would prevent the unit from working...however I'm not 100% sure of this, and it seems there is no one on Verizon''s end that can walk me through this so far.   I must say after multiple tech people transferring to each other on any given day, they are very nice and I believe are trying to help, but this was not an issue with my prior carrier where I used their extender on a regular basis.   Although this issue is becoming a game changer and I may need to switch back to my prior carrier witch will be a nightmare in itself,  I did not think it would not work based on my prior experience with my old carrier.  Many reasons why I switched to Verizon but this is a killer.   HELP!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LTE Network Extender ASK-SFE116 error 8C
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@rsings wrote:

Reading through other posts with similar setup/connection issues.   (4) times on separate days dealing with Verizon tech support to so far no avail.  Just switched to Verizon from another major carrier and need this device to work for my basement home office.  I have the unit setup properly, went through all the major troubleshooting exercises with reboot, resets, etc etc.   Unit can see satellites, connects to servers then blips out to error 8C every time.  Cannot connect phones.   As far as I can tell, my router can see the unit and I cannot see anything there with the security/firewall that would prevent the unit from working...however I'm not 100% sure of this, and it seems there is no one on Verizon''s end that can walk me through this so far.   I must say after multiple tech people transferring to each other on any given day, they are very nice and I believe are trying to help, but this was not an issue with my prior carrier where I used their extender on a regular basis.   Although this issue is becoming a game changer and I may need to switch back to my prior carrier witch will be a nightmare in itself,  I did not think it would not work based on my prior experience with my old carrier.  Many reasons why I switched to Verizon but this is a killer.   HELP!!!

Which exact model extender do you have?   Has the MAC ID been activated on your account?  You might check, if not already done, at 800-922-0204.  Have you checked IPSec settings in your router/firewall?  You might try the National Accessibility Customer Service Center at 888-262-1999 for Network Extender technical support.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rsings, nobody here wants to see you leave. Fellow community member, jav6, has some questions that took the words out of my post. I understand that many of these have been asked and answered when working with tech, but we'll need these building blocks to gain headway here on the forum.

-David_VZW

0 Likes
rsings
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry, I have been working with a tech  few days last week who has helped move this along. It appears that from Verizon end, its my ISP problem.  I can only pinpoint that my ISP blocks TCP port 80.  Neither my ISP or so far Verizon has provided a work-around.   Verizon did send a link of verifying settings on my router but they don't have specific settings/setup for my TP-Link AX6000 router so stumped again at this point.   Everything else seems to work and connect to GPS, etc.     

0 Likes
rsings
Enthusiast - Level 2

Follow-up. Received a "Network Extender Provisioned State Issue Resolution" email from Verizon that basically says its not a Verizon Network issue, that it's most likely my router issue.  They may be right, but can't get a work-around from my ISP and tech support for my TP-Link router is no help either. Nobody likes supporting "3rd party devices".  Its all too technical and  and ultimately I guess is my problem.  I purchased the unit from a store on 10/31 and have spent way too much time on this.  The return policy is 14 days which I already spent and then some trying to get this to work so I'm already getting sorry its too late to return.   I have to call the store and see what they can do.     My AT&T setup was plug-n-play working.   Don't ask why I switched.   I don't live in a super rural area, and I can't get cell service in the basement of my house where my home office is.   I did before.   So frustrating.  I'm now looking onto an antenna system that runs over $1500-2000 installed to boost the cell service here.  Meanwhile, close to a month of missing calls and having to run upstairs or even outside to make or take a call.  In our switch to Verizon we upgraded 2 of our phones to get 5G.   I get no-G.   Sorry, venting here. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your frustration and we don't want you to feel this way. Let's take a closer look, I am sending you a Private Message to continue.

0 Likes
Junkbirds
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey, Just curious because I'm having trouble with them too:

Can I ask who your ISP is?  (Mine is Comcast).

I would also like to know what modem you are using.

I have found that the extender will NOT work with any ARRIS gateway/modems.  I took my extender to a friends place (who also has comcast) but he has a Motorola Modem and the extender works fine!

-Super Frustrating...

0 Likes
rsings
Enthusiast - Level 2

Local ISP: Service Electric; modem provided by Service Electric: ARRIS CM3200 then I have my wifi router: TP Link AX6000.     Are you telling me the issue is the ARRIS!!??  

0 Likes
rsings
Enthusiast - Level 2

Replaced my ARRIS with a Motorola Cable Modem.  Doesn't work. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is for your services to work correctly. Are you getting the same error with both routers?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes