IOS 14.1 Possibly fixes Network Extender issues with iPhone
jmh139
Enthusiast - Level 2

I updated to IOS 14.1 on my Iphone 11 Pro yesterday and turned my Network Extender back on.  So far so good, it will make and receive calls with the extender as well as show connected if you dial #48. 

Previously it would show 4 bars until you dial the call then drop to one bar as it disconnected from the extender.  The seemed to start with IOS 14.

I will update here if it stops again but hope this fixes it.  

Labels (1)
Re: IOS 14.1 Possibly fixes Network Extender issues with iPhone
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

As you and I have talked about, mine started working before I did the update but only after I factory reset the extender a couple of times  

The question I’m asking now separately from this thread and waiting to see what they say is if we upgrade to iPhone 12 and the 5G how will that work with the extenders, you can see the thread I started on that. 

my first thought was maybe these extenders can’t work with 5G, but I will follow that on the thread I started

0 Likes
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

Spoke too soon, mines not working again

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@randys12 wrote:

As you and I have talked about, mine started working before I did the update but only after I factory reset the extender a couple of times  

The question I’m asking now separately from this thread and waiting to see what they say is if we upgrade to iPhone 12 and the 5G how will that work with the extenders, you can see the thread I started on that. 

my first thought was maybe these extenders can’t work with 5G, but I will follow that on the thread I started

Based on their name, I would think the '4G LTE Network Extenders' only provide a '4G' signal to local phones/devices and provide connection to the Verizon Wireless network via the internet connection.  5G equipped phones (probably) support 4G technologies to account for use where 5G is not available.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@randys12 wrote:

Spoke too soon, mines not working again

Did you try the update procedure that worked for some users in the other thread?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, I updated to 14.1 yesterday and it worked for a few hours...I am talking about this now only on the thread titled 10/22/2020 so I dont drive the VZ people here crazy again.

We can talk on that thread, thanks for your help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're glad to hear that your Network Extender is working correctly after having completed a factory reset. We also appreciate your time, patience, and troubleshooting assistance to get your Network Extender working. At present, our Network Extenders are compatible with 4G LTE network compatible devices. As a friendly reminder, our new 5G devices are also 4G LTE compatible. We'd like to keep our customers updated about our latest products and services by registering for email alerts at http://spr.ly/6607G7uPZ.

RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
JLilienfeld

I have three new IPhone 14 Pro Max and am having the same issue. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JLilienfeld, we want to make sure you can use the network extender with your new iPhones. Do all your new iPhones have the most updated software? Have you been able to power the network extender down, turn off your router & power everything back up to see if that helps? -Alicia

0 Likes