Having difficulty setting up my Network Extender
mrmike78

I purchased a Samsung Network Extender 2 to try and help with poor cell phone reception at my home.  My wife and I have always had the issue with our respective phones, (hers is a "personal" line; mine is issued through my company) but with the current need of WFH due to COVID, I cannot conduct business with my cell phone due to our poor reception.  Although I am an officer at my company, I do not have access to our cell phone plan, so I decided to purchase the device on my own and register it to my wife's number.

I set up the device following the directions and got as far as "step 8a of 14" and it would not move any further.  Of course, I first checked my network settings as directed by multiple forums on this and other community pages.  I even had a friend with higher "tech savvy" than I check it, and agreed it was an issue on Verizon's end.  After multiple frustrating interactions with Verizon customer service and several service technicians, one gentleman finally let me know that I cannot register my device to a "prepay" account.  I know the person I ordered this device from at the local store asked if the number I gave for registration was a prepay account, and my answer was yes.  I don't know why that bit of information wasn't shared with me then!

I need to get this device to work.  Fellow employees and customers reach out to me on a daily basis, and I am tired of going to my back porch to make/receive calls that are sketchy at best.   After speaking with my employer I was given permission to register my device to my company issued cell number (also a verizon account).  Personally, I don't understand what difference it makes what number it is registered to, but at this point I just need it to work.  So, after again reaching out to Verzion customer service and being passed to at least 5 different people, repeating my situation every time, I still don't have a functioning device.  I'm about done with being put on hold and passed to another tech, to whom I need to repeat my issue yet again, only to be passed along to the next tech.  I need someone to reach out to me and tell me exactly what I need to do, what number I need to call, and most importantly make the necessary changes to allow this device to connect to whatever number will make it work!

mrmike78

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Having difficulty setting up my Network Extender
jav6
Champion - Level 3

You may need to have it 'unregistered/removed' from your Wife's account and then 'registered/added' to your work account.  You'd probably need someone with access to that work account to get the device registered/added properly thru Customer Service/Tech Support at 800-922-0204.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You need to have the Wi-Fi Calling feature turned off when you're using the network extender. Here's a link for the user's guide for our network extender: https://scache.vzw.com/dam/support/pdf/user_guide/samsung-network-extender-2-user-guide.pdf. This has a lot of information about your network extender.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

You need to have the Wi-Fi Calling feature turned off when you're using the network extender. Here's a link for the user's guide for our network extender: https://scache.vzw.com/dam/support/pdf/user_guide/samsung-network-extender-2-user-guide.pdf. This has a lot of information about your network extender.

@vzw_customer_support  True, you have to have WiFi Calling off to use an active network extender.  The OP's issue is they have it on a pre-pay account which is not supported, right?  How can they get it on his post-pay work account?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes