Have around 2 bars in rural home. Are there any budget signal boosters that might help?
notabot389
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'd guess I am around 8 miles away from the nearest tower, maybe?

Obviously because of that, my smartphone currently only gets 2 bars. It's connection to the internet is very spotty and slow during the day. It's not so bad at night, but still doesn't get anywhere near as fast as it can, closer to a tower. Are there any signal boosters for less than $300 that would significantly improve my phone's connection to the internet while at home, or would I have to get one of the more pricey boosters?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Have around 2 bars in rural home. Are there any budget signal boosters that might help?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might want to look at getting a booster. Verizon Signal Booster - WilsonAmplifiers.com

The network extender sold by Verizon Wireless isn't going to work for you since you don't have access to a landline based Internet service.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Have around 2 bars in rural home. Are there any budget signal boosters that might help?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have access to a landline based Internet service to use your own Wi-Fi?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
notabot389
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not yet. They're supposed to be installing fiber sometime, but it will be a while before they get here. Could be a year or more still, last I heard.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might want to look at getting a booster. Verizon Signal Booster - WilsonAmplifiers.com

The network extender sold by Verizon Wireless isn't going to work for you since you don't have access to a landline based Internet service.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

A home booster is a great way to amplify existing signal.  I have one in my car.  Read the specs on device carefully.  The lowest price unit also has the least coverage.  1500 sq/ft).  If you have a large property, you probably would like service to reach your yard too.  I suggest shopping around.  The same device was $40 cheaper on the Weboost website and another $30 cheaper on Amazon. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Notabot389, my goal is to make sure that you're getting nothing but stellar service at all times from Verizon Wireless. Have you always has an issue with the cellular service during the day at your home? Or did this just start recently? What zip code are you in? Also, how far would you need to travel before you can pick up better service during the day? Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
notabot389
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey, Thanks. sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

Yeah, it's always been bad where I live. It's a very rural area with hills all around us, but luckily one or two towers still have direct line of sight. The issue I believe is mostly the distance. I've ordered a relatively inexpensive Band 13 signal booster, since that's what I'm getting out here on my 4g lte phone. Waiting to see how that works out.

0 Likes
notabot389
Enthusiast - Level 1

Accidentally hit the reply button early. Zip code is 59718, and I would have to drive at least 3 miles to find a someplace with a better signal.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

notabot389,

Having the service you need when you need it most is always a plus. We appreciate you updating us with the information as well as letting us know that you have ordered a signal booster. Please keep us updated on the results you receive when you connect your device to the signal booster. We are always here for your assistance.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
notabot389
Enthusiast - Level 1

The signal booster has arrived, and tried it out for the last few days. It's helped bump me up to 3 to 4 bars, and just the fact that I don't have to lay in the window with my *** hanging off the ledge is really nice. I've been getting mostly around 300 KB/s average, and topped out over 2 MB/s late at night. Sometimes it struggles though, like at the moment it's hanging around 14 KB/s, probably because the tower is overloaded right now, and sometimes I just lose my signal entirely. Suspect the booster, or the phone itself may be causing the periodic blackout. A quick reset usually fixes it.

I think this will work well enough.

0 Likes