Can you tweak or optimize a Verizon Samsung Network Extender 2?
rrkrrk37

Hi, I recently got a Verizon Samsung Network Extender 2. It set up with no apparent problems. It's increased the number of iphone strength bars for me (I live out on the fringe of Verizon 4G coverage). When I log in to the Administration screen for the extender, I noticed that under the Settings\Network and Settings\Advanced screens there are settings that one could adjust rather than just use the default (such as Mode or DHCP or Automatic Transmit Power Mode). Because I like to optimize my devices' performance if possible, has anyone come up with setting tweaks that optimize the performance of the extender? I've searched the forum and internet and didn't come across anything, and also checked with Verizon tech support and the tech support level 2 person didn't have anything to offer. Additionally, does anyone know how much wifi data from your home wifi network (not the Verizon network) the extender uses? I've got a low data cap with my WISP out here in the boonies and have to be careful on exceeding my monthly data cap. My desire with the extender is maybe get a strong enough Verizon data and call signal to switch to an unlimited Verizon plan so we can stream shows/movies more (really restricted now between our current Verizon plan and our home wifi WISP). Thanks! RRK

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can you tweak or optimize a Verizon Samsung Network Extender 2?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you realize any Verizon Wireless data you use through the network extender would also count towards your data usage on your home internet service? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rrkrrk37

Yes, I'm just not sure how much it'll consume. Was wondering if it's typically a lot, like one for one, or some small percentage. I'll be trying to monitor my WISP data usage to see if I can tell. Was wondering if someone knew it'll be a lot or an insignificant amount. Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rrkrrk37  - we're happy to learn that your network extender is providing you the boost in service that you need. On this forum, us Verizon Wireless representatives are Level 2 Tech Support reps too & regrettably, we do not have an answer regarding the adjustment of settings. If you ever have any problems with the network extender, please let us know & we can help out. We also like to pass along this helpful link regarding the network extender: https://www.verizon.com/support/4g-lte-network-extender/

AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

To clarify, the data consumption of it is not much, so if you have a limited amount of data you don't have to worry about the extender using much of your connection.

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes