Re: Can't get Network Extender to work, Server Error 8C
rsings
Enthusiast - Level 2

last ditch effort to try to salvage, realizing I am a glutton for punishment.   I rec'd my 2nd extender but not without issue.  Ordered 1/4 with next day delivery.   Never came. Called Verizon and they said it was returned to them. They had the wrong delivery address!  I ordered online through my account where all my contact info is correct.   Second, teh customer service rep said that they actually dont have any more to send out! ...but then quickly "found one" that Ifinally rec'd on 1/12.  Plugged it in...error 8C.  Got on a chat with Verizon support. After 10-15 minutes the support person connected our chat to the "tier 2" chat person.   I said I wanted to activate my new extender.  Gave them the MAC address.  tech said that MAC address is assigned to a different account!!! The following is the actual transcript that I will end with:

Verizon Agent

Thank you for your patience. We really apologize for the inconvenience. We had to submit a ticket since the MAC ID is showing as activated in a different Verizon account. But no worries, these types of tickets usually take around 2 hours to get fixed. And what I will do, I will notify you once everything is cleared up, so we can have it activated in your account. Would that be ok with you?

yes

How will you notify me ?

Verizon Agent

Great! We will notify you via text message once the MAC ID is ready to activate, so you can go ahead and get it connected to our network. In the meantime, Our standards are always to make sure you have a great experience with Verizon. Is there anything else you would like me to check in your account to make sure you have a great experience?

well, got denied one of two switch-over rebates because they were both submitted under my number instead of my number and my wifes number, i would like to clear that up

Verizon Agent

Absolutely! I am glad you bring this up so it can get cleared up as well. Since we only work at the Technical Support Team, I will provide you the direct phone number of our Rebate center, that way you can call them directly and you can get all of the details and information about your Rebate. Please contact them at 877-899-8980.

ok thats how far I got before, its a long wait

I ended the chat at that point.  No text back on the extender, tried calling the rebate fix number (again)..waited for 30 minutes and I hung up.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want you to be able to use your Network Extender, and have a strong reliable connection. Please reach out to us in Private Message, so we can take a closer look at what's going on with your MAC ID. 

AlfredoR_VZW

0 Likes
rsings
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry, 3 months, thousands of dollars, tech after tech after tech...I’m switching service out of Verizon.  Icing on the cake also today,  after so many service calls to the rebate center...they can’t help me, can’t even see my rebates that I can see under my online account!  Joke. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do appreciate you sharing the details of your experience with the issue, rsings. We'd be glad to help further look into the issue and help get the Network Extender connected for your service. Please send us a Private Message to continue.

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
rsings
Enthusiast - Level 2

1/2 hour wait for customer service, 1 hour on with them, put on hold for another 10 min, hung-up.   And that was only again to address the rebates I never got when I switched over.   This issue with extender, can you tell me exactly where I'm supposed to send you a private message??? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are definitely able to help you with your Network Extender here. I'm sorry to learn about any issues with the two devices you've tried. Please click the following link for startup and troubleshooting steps: http://spr.ly/6604HkZlu I will also send you a Private Note, to make sure you're set up for success. 

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can assist with those rebates through this platform. We have sent a Private Note so that we can better assist you. Please meet us there to continue. 

GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes
rsings
Enthusiast - Level 2

Where do I go for a Private Note?  

0 Likes