Re: Can't get Network Extender to work, Server Error 8C
tromeiser

Thanks Junkbirds for the reply. Unfortunately, my unlocked Moto G6 from Amazon does not have that feature. I found a thread in Verizon Community Support regarding the Moto G6 from Amazon (https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Android-General/Moto-G6-unlocked-from-Amazon-and-Texting-ov...) that confirms this. So buyer beware with unlocked phones! As it turns out, I really could use that feature because I do not have a strong signal to begin with where we live, and I am in the basement most of the time, which is even worse. Oh well!!  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry that you are experiencing difficulties with your Network Extenders, Junkbirds. You mention that your devices work correctly at your friend's house and this confirms that the issue is not with the devices but with your internet service. 

Our resources show that Network Extenders improve your Verizon Wireless phones' signal to provide a better wireless experience. Our resources also show that connecting your wireless phone to a WiFi network and utilizing the WiFi Calling feature provides the same level of service improvement as using Network Extenders. Give WiFi Calling (https://www.verizon.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/) a try and you may not even need the Network Extenders. How does this sound?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the input and the information. Please let us know if we can assist with anything at all. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are concerned to hear that you are having issues with your data speeds. This is definitely not the experience that we want you to have, and we will be happy to look into this for you. We want to run a speed test with your device to see what exact speeds you are getting at the moment. When you have a chance, please click on the following link, and select Run Speed Test. Then please share your results with us to further troubleshoot the issue with your service. We will be standing by waiting for your results: http://spr.ly/6604HOfP0 DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
jberger12

Hello, I pulled an engineer's ticket by calling your 800# yesterday.  Here's whats happening.  Maybe you can provide some insight. 

Server Error 8C on LTE Network Extender.  

I have opened ports on my google wifi as instructed by Verizon.  I am running an Arris surfboard modem sb8200.  I cannot get the lte extender past 8C error code.  I logged into the extender and have 12/12 satellites.  I need a good tech to walk me thru what I need to do for full activation.  Maybe the Arris is blocking the gateway?  Can someone show me the fix?

Thanks in advance, 

Justin 

0 Likes
rsings
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had a separate thread with the same issue since November 2020.   Good satellite connections.   Spent countless hours with Verizon tech support - chats, direct calls and call backs, "upper tier" tech support..  Also with my ISP tech support and my Wi-Fi router (TP-Link AX6000) tech support.  Replaced my ARRIS cable modem with a Motorola at my cost, and now have tried a second new LTE Network Extender.   Error 8c is again the final stop.   Can't return the first extender because it's way past the return policy.  I had AT&T previously and needed their network extender that worked, don't ask why I switched to Verizon.    I'm done and will pay the price to get away from Verizon.  Sorry, but wanted to pass my experience on something that I believe just doesn't work friendly with other equipment, at least not yet.   So frustrating.

0 Likes
spasmati
Enthusiast - Level 2

Had same issues for months. After 3 lengthy 'troubleshooting' calls they decided to replace. We'll see if any better if it ever arrives. Tech support wanted to send me 'loaner' that i have to send back when i am done with it, even though i spent $245 on it. Verizon customer service has really gotten bad.

0 Likes
spasmati
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the issue continuously then it shifted to 'error 8A' and would not connect anymore despite restarting at least a hundred times. Tech support wanted to blame me, my router, network cable, etc. I made them replace and waiting to see if ever comes.

0 Likes
jberger12

Replacement rec'd and guess what.....same problem.   I believe if it does not plug and play, Verizon has 0 clue how to diagnos and fix this matter.  I think it is not compatable with certain modem's, and requires a very technical fix that Verizon Wireless cannot provide.  Remember when the "Verizon" guys would make house calls to fix problems.  Where is the Verizon Wireless team to respond and fix?  So expensive for such poor customer service. 

0 Likes
jberger12

I cannot believe this problem is so wide and far, and yet Verizon Wireless cannot find the team that can fix.  Unacceptable for Verizon, as I am a good paying customer and don't have the hours of time and tech support to get this fixed.  Frustrated as well!!!!   8C go to heck

0 Likes