8a of 14 steps
PCardwell

I've been trying for two days to get this network extender set up.  It gets to step 8a of 14 and never goes further.  I have spent time online trying to figure out what to do.  Can anyone help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 8a of 14 steps
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble completing the activation on your Network Extender. I want to help get your device set up. Please tell me, what model Network Extender do you have? We will also want to add the device to your account. Have we done that part for you?

VanetrisC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
FASTRX
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ran into this same issue.

The fix is not on your side!

Contact verizon wireless and have them activate the device, you have to give them the MAC address located on the bottom label.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The extender has to be registered to the account and only postpaid accounts are allowed to register a network extender.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Mooremike
Enthusiast - Level 1

You’re right! This fixed the issue. Call Verizon and have them activate the device. Had it working in 10 minutes. Thanks!

0 Likes
jfhunt
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wow, the activation with the MAC ID was what worked in less than 10 minutes up and running!!!! Thanks to the tech support who knew what to do.

I had a previous network extender go out. Got a new network extender 2. Went to connect per instructions got stuck at 8a of 14. Went to the Verizon help sites and instructions. I even talked two times to a technical support person. Was told (via instructions from Verizon) how I was needing to  port my wifi to make it work. So I spent hours (really) reading how to port my wifi to make it work, I tried various connections, purchased software to help port my wifi, switched out my wifi with an older wifi, tried different LAN wires, checked wire connections, moved my gps wire closer to the window, .... stood on my left foot, turned 3-times, faced west, ... I tried everything I knew how to make it work. I then read this post late in the evening and it was too late to call tech support and I was tired. Decided to call in the morning. I'm up and connected!!!!

0 Likes
jfhunt
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is To Verizon Info people and tech support. Please put in your instructions to make sure to that customers register their extender with the correct MAC ID. We had an extender and was replacing the extender with a new version that the new MAC ID was needed to connect the new device. Please update your information.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jfhunt, thank you for the update. I am excited to learn that you are now up and running successfully. I am more than happy to pass along such valuable feedback. Thank you for being a valued customer, have a great day! 

0 Likes
pgreyVZW
Enthusiast - Level 3

@jfhunt wrote:

This is To Verizon Info people and tech support. Please put in your instructions to make sure to that customers register their extender with the correct MAC ID. We had an extender and was replacing the extender with a new version that the new MAC ID was needed to connect the new device. Please update your information.

This is NOT working, I talked to VZW CS, and they "think my MAC is invalid", but it's the one from "arp -a", my router, the box, etc.

I've opened up ALL the requisite ports, and it still fails, on an ISAKMP key-exchange, with a VZW server, somewhere (currently 141.207.161.235, but this can obviously vary, depending on their server(s)).

I've also tried putting the thing in a DMZ, or on it's "own private subnet", and just "opening it wide-up", but NOTHING works, it fails to get a key, EVERY time.

I've been with VZW for 9 days, after 21 years with AT&T (problems with IPv6 addresses when using tethered data, which make it hard to work, using my phone as a hotspot, this is why I left and came to VZW), and this has been the "Worst 9 days of CS experience, ever, from a mobile ISP", period.

Why doens't anyone know what I'm talking about, basically, when I try to explain this, to a CS agent? 

It doesn't help that we have "almost zero signal", at our VERY METRO area house, since the day-after signing up.  This is proably why they "just voluntarily sent me the Femtocell", I guess...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pgreyVZW, it sounds like you have been working very hard to get to the bottom of this. Let's ensure that we get your services working. Please complete a speed test on the computer that is connected with your home service and let us know what the results are. A network extender will need a minimum speed of 10 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload. Which lights are currently lit on your device and what colors are they? Have you attempted to change locations of this device?  LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes