5 bars until I make a call
loyo
Enthusiast - Level 2

We recently bought the network extender and after a frustrating couple of hours stuck on step 8a we got it connected. I went from 1 to 2 bars to full 5 bars! I was so happy! For about a day. Now I have 5 bars and I have the little house symbol at the top of my phone that shows I'm connected, but as soon as I make a call that symbol disappears and I go from 5 bars 4G down to one bar and 1x service and usually drop the call. I've tried with Wi-Fi calling on and off. Also when I go into my phone settings and search for a network extender I get an error, and when I dial #48 it says not connected... why? Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 5 bars until I make a call
loyo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe I figured it out. Since my husband phone did not have the same issue I looked at all his settings and the only difference was which internet he was connected to (we have two). His was on the same connection as the extender is on. He also had his Wi-Fi calling on. When I changed my settings to the same as his it fixed the issue. Thank you for you help.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure this is working properly for you, can your please disable HD calling or Advanced calling in your devices, then test the service.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@loyo wrote:

We recently bought the network extender and after a frustrating couple of hours stuck on step 8a we got it connected. I went from 1 to 2 bars to full 5 bars! I was so happy! For about a day. Now I have 5 bars and I have the little house symbol at the top of my phone that shows I'm connected, but as soon as I make a call that symbol disappears and I go from 5 bars 4G down to one bar and 1x service and usually drop the call. I've tried with Wi-Fi calling on and off. Also when I go into my phone settings and search for a network extender I get an error, and when I dial #48 it says not connected... why? Please help!

What kind of internet service do you have?  Upload/download speeds?  What make/model phone do you have?  Have any other phones connected to your extender and tried making calls (friends/family)?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
loyo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your help. We have Xfinity internet which usually has download speeds around 40. My phone is a Samsung S20+. My husband has a S20. His phone does not drop down to one bar 1x service like mine does.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@loyo wrote:

Thank you for your help. We have Xfinity internet which usually has download speeds around 40. My phone is a Samsung S20+. My husband has a S20. His phone does not drop down to one bar 1x service like mine does.

Have you looked at any Advanced Calling settings to see if there are any that can be toggled?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to look into this a little further in depth. Are you able to leave us a Private Note, so we may look into this matter directly. 

VZW_Robert

0 Likes
loyo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe I figured it out. Since my husband phone did not have the same issue I looked at all his settings and the only difference was which internet he was connected to (we have two). His was on the same connection as the extender is on. He also had his Wi-Fi calling on. When I changed my settings to the same as his it fixed the issue. Thank you for you help.

0 Likes
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

I have the same problem all of a sudden I have to do factory reset so then it works for a while then 

What’s this house symbol the poster mentioned at the top of his phone?

I have a iPhone X and my wife has an XR, the only setting in cellular we have to be sure of is that VOLTE is checked on correct? There is no HD calling option on our phones because it’s built in correct?

do roaming settings matter? The poster said something about after turning on Wi-Fi calling it worked, I’ve had the opposite  experience that they interfere with each other. 

I am going to start a new thread about this because I’m really really upset about it

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@randys12 wrote:

I have the same problem all of a sudden I have to do factory reset so then it works for a while then 

What’s this house symbol the poster mentioned at the top of his phone?

The small house icon is an indicator that you're connected to a Verizon Network Extender

0 Likes
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

Please tell me where on my Iphone this house symbol is?  Is it only on Android?

0 Likes