4g LTE Network Extender
jr9999

Just switched to Verizon Wireless, but poor reception in my apartment.  Trying to install a Samsung 4G LTE Network Extender to  my FIOS Quantum Router but it gets stuck on Installation Step 8a.    I bought the extender from the Verizon website.  I have spent several hours on phone with Verizon Support with several agents - each agent asking me to unplug router and Extender and reboot which I dutifuly did before each agent passed me off to next.  Each time I explained that from my googling for a fix to this specific stuck-at-step-8A issue, seems like Verizon needs to finagle some of the Quantum router settings   Finally hit "Expert" technical services - but agent there seemed to imply that unless I signed up for "Premium" support services for an extra $10 a month she couldn't help me, but would need to pass me on to yet a 4th agent.  I'm very frustrated and tempted to switch back to AT&T.   Does anyone know if can change the router settings myself to allow for instillation beyond step 8A - I'm semi-tech literate.  Thanks in advance.  Seems ridiculous to me that I would need to pay extra for installation support for a product that I bought off their own website.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4g LTE Network Extender
jav6
Champion - Level 3

This screenshot of a previous related thread might help, but did you search the forum for 'step 8a'?  https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Network-Extender/Stuck-on-step-8a/m-p/10814144G Net Extender issues.jpg

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
jr9999

Thank you for responding.  I actually did find that post in my search for a solution.  But I couldn’t figure out how to mimic that setting on my Quantum router.  A bunch of other posters mentioned they were able to call Verizon support whom remotely reconfigured the router, but my interactions with phone support stalled when I balked to sign up for the $10/month “premium” support

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are so happy to have you join our Verizon family.  This is not the type of experience we want you to start off with.  As someone who uses my service at home constantly, I realize how important it is.  Let’s get this resolved together and get your Extender working ASAP.  A private message has been sent to you so we can assist you further.

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It wasn't mentioned in your post, but are you signed up for a postpaid or prepaid account with Verizon Wireless?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jr9999

Postpaid

0 Likes
Ecarbone

I also recently received a 4G extender from Verizon and my router/modem box is located in the attic with no window. I explained this to Verizon before I got the extender and now it's been sitting in its original packaging since very early this year. No one at Verizon has been of help. I have been transferred to one person then to another and so on. Now it's been over 6 months and I am once again revisiting this problem. I am so disappointed with Verizon's workers.  How don't they know anything about this product? So, now I have a brand new 4g Samsung extender a great Samsung phone and I can't make calls. JUST GREAT

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There should be an option to get a GPS antenna extender to attach to the network extender to help it find a GPS signal when the unit can't be placed next to a window. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ecarbone we see you posted to the community forum 2 days ago. We also see Ann154 provided you with a great solution. Were you able to get one?Is your issue resolved? DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes