Re: 4G Network Extender is NOT compatible with iPhone 7 - PLEASE HELP
Roadblocked
Enthusiast - Level 3
  • The exact issue is your phone will drop off LTE and bounce between 1x/3G. You probably won't go back to LTE without going to Airplane Mode and back. If you're using VoLTE, your call will drop as well.
  • SIM swaps and device swaps don't do anything
  • 10.0.2 (new general release) and 10.1 beta 1 do not fix the issue
  • There is an active issue logged at Verizon. You need to call 611 and ask for tier 2 technical support and explain that this is a widespread issue and that it is being tracked in their issue tracking system under the number 102095-091716.
  • Turning off VoLTE (Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data > Data Only) helps control dropped calls, but not data dropping to 1x/3G
  • The problem is worse when you're moving between towers (esp. in a car), but can happen staying in one place
  • The most current carrier version is Verizon 25.1
  • The most current PRL is 15480
  • The most current modem firmware is 1.00.04 (which is installed with 10.0.2)
  • The 10.1 beta 1 uses Verizon carrier version 25.5 (which does not fix this problem)

Link to thread over Mac Rumors Lots of people are having issues Verizon really needs to address this.

JWLIONKING
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you use your cell phone for long periods of time as I do, daily 6-10 hour conference call working sessions, you would most certainly notice how challenging wifi calling is in respects to reliability.  Any little hiccup in internet quality, you get disconnected.  With an extender, most that will happen is you will not hear something for a second.  I can appreciate your hatred for having to pay for a $250 device for cell service, your approach could use some work in trying to educate people that there are other options.  Hopefully you can see now why some are opposed to giving up extenders yet.

0 Likes
JWLIONKING
Enthusiast - Level 3

Great work so far Roadblocked with providing great detail information here for Verizon to work with. Unfortunately I feel like some of the representatives here are either bots or reading from a line by line troubleshooting guide.

Roadblocked
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree

0 Likes
Roadblocked
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been fully credited the cost of my 4G LTE Network Extender.

Today I called T2 Tech Support about my ongoing ticket - essentially - I demanded answers.

The tech support guy called the network guy and said they have done everything possible on their end and they are currently working with Samsung and/or Apple on trying to figure out what is going on with this.

They assured me the ticket is active and ongoing.

In the meantime I told them how frustrated I was that I paid a good deal of money for my network extender now it is essentially useless.

The tech offered me a credit on my bill for the price I paid out of pocket for the device (Verizon charged me 99.99)  this is a satisfactory gesture in the meantime while waiting for a fix.

0 Likes
PAILEV28

Almost a month in and there is still no resolution to this issue?

0 Likes
PAILEV28

Roadblocked​  Does the 10.0.3 update work for you on this issue?

0 Likes
LostVector
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I thought it worked this morning ... dialed #48 on my iphone 7 and it came back as under network extender coverage and clearly HD Voice.  Tonight, neither of our iPhone are even connecting to LTE on the extender for either voice or data.

This is a bunch of BS.  I paid 250 bucks for this thing and it literally does NOTHING.  How do I get a tech on the line about this like Roadblocked?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Still don't understand why you don't use wifi calling. 

0 Likes
LostVector
Enthusiast - Level 2

Weth, with all due respect, please stay out of this thread if you have nothing to contribute towards getting the product fixed.  We get that you like Wi-Fi calling, OK?

0 Likes