Re: 4G Network Extender is NOT compatible with iPhone 7 - PLEASE HELP
JOSHHOFF
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem. Just switched to Verizon with the iPhone 7 just to find that coverage in my house is poor. I bought the network extender, and my iPhone 7 is constantly kicked off. This is a nightmare.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That doesn't make us happy to hear. Let's get this fixed. How long has this been happening? What kind of error do you receive when you are getting kicked off?

JosephT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Roadblocked
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is no error.  It just boots to 3G then the phone needs a restart to reconnect.  Did you read my detailed explanation?

Weth
Legend

LostVector wrote:

Same issue here. I have gone ahead disabled the voice + data on my iPhone 7 since I have a 3G extender. Waiting for a fix. Seems like I paid 249 for nothing.

In most cases, if you have a newer phone you did pay $249 for nothing.  Wifi calling will give you coverage in your home with only a wifi signal, no $249 headache to deal with.  There are certainly use cases for the extender, but with wifi calling it will give the coverage that you need.  Evaluate if you need an extender before you spend money on it. 

0 Likes
LostVector
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wifi calling isn't as consistent as the LTE extender, it wasn't giving me HD Voice when I first tried it, and it doesn't provide seamless service to people visiting me.  So no thanks.

Of course, little did I know that Verizon would sell an extender that doesn't work with the most popular phone in the world.  Silly me, right?

Weth
Legend

Wifi calling certainly gives HD voice. 

Guest wifi network is what we use at our house. 

Your extender will eventually work once it gets an update. meanwhile wifi calling works and keep complaining.  Everyone I know that had an extender hated them and has converted to wifi calling.  Now I get no tech calls from them about the darn box. 

Fallacies about wifi calling:

doesnt do SMS text - why yes it does.

Doesnt do HD Vouce - why yes it does

Not stable - hands off just fine to cellular.

0 Likes
LostVector
Enthusiast - Level 2

Look, maybe it's gotten better, but I set it up the first day they announced it and dropped 5 calls over the next couple of days.  Don't feel like messing with it again.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

As opposed to keep messing with the LTE boat anchor

If you haven't figured it out, I detest those time wasting little boxes. 

0 Likes
Roadblocked
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dude - thanks for your input but people are having real issues with a service that they shouldn't have issues with. we really appreciate your evangelizing the wifi calling thing but let's focus on an actual solution.

0 Likes
Roadblocked
Enthusiast - Level 3

I believe this issue is related to this

• There is an active issue logged at Verizon. this is a widespread issue and that it is being tracked in their issue tracking system under the number 102095-091716.
0 Likes