4G Network Extender Not locking in GPS
acpryor

Hey all!

My network extender has worked wonderfully for the past year or so (bought in April 2019). 

Power went out/came on, everything came back online no problem, except the extender will not lock on to a GPS signal. I don't know what's up. It's plugged into APC battery backup/surge protector so I know it's working like it should with this one exception. Given our terrible signal strength down here, it's critical I get an extender so we can make calls etc.

I'm open to buying a new one if need be but the new ones say they're not compatible with my iphone 11 pro so that's no help.

Any suggestions? I've reboot modem, router (Orbi), checked all the settings etc and everything in the home is working fine except this extender.

Is there a high gain antenna I could get for it? (I don't have the ability to mount one outside though.)

I've tried calling Verizon and they keep putting me through a text chat with a rep. Not cool.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 4G Network Extender Not locking in GPS
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to read that you're having issues with your Network Extender, and we're here to help. Was there any change to the location of the GPS antenna? Have you tried disconnecting the antenna for a few minutes, then reconnecting it?

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
llamee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just wondering if you got a resolution.  My extender has been down for weeks with GPS issues.  It restarts itself, tries to get a signal and then gets stuck on GPS failure before eventually restarting the process.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

llamee, we know the importance of ensuring that your Network Extender is not working as it should. Here's a link that can prove helpful in troubleshooting the device: https://www.verizon.com/support/4g-lte-network-extender-faqs/ (Troubleshooting #2). Which Network Extender do you have with us? Have you tried disconnecting the GPS antenna for a few minutes, then reconnecting it?

0 Likes