4G LTE Network Extender - Phone Doesn't Connect
drbob84
Enthusiast - Level 1

Greetings, 

I just purchased a 4G LTE Network Extender from Verizon. It's setup, has a solid blue light, and IP address. However, I cannot get any phone to connect to it (display shows 0 devices connected). I have a S20+5G and an iPhone 11 Pro Max, neither will connect to it and I get the voice message 'device is not under a network extender' when dialing #48. I have received NO HELP from Verizon as I've tried using the My Verizon app for support. When using the app, it has taken several minutes for someone to respond, then after starting the chat, no one responds back. The best I was able to do was get Level 2 Tech Support once, then the app timed out on me. I would appreciate any help I can get, thank you.

Labels (1)
Re: 4G LTE Network Extender - Phone Doesn't Connect
Kurtish99
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you ever get this resolved? I have the exact same issue... driving me nuts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kurtish99, we definitely want to ensure that you're able to seamlessly setup your new network extender. May I ask what happens when you dial #48?

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes
fms003
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is why I have a problem with Verizon tech support... asked what happened, which the original thread specified "get the voice message 'device is not under a network extender' when dialing #48."

So, I have the same problem.  Samsung Galaxy S9 connects.  Samsung Galaxy s20 Ultra 5G gets the same error as the original poster.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@fms003, Attention to details is key, so I get where you are coming from. Not worry, I have reread the thread to make sure we don't go down the same path. Is the S20 using the SIM that came with the phone? Does the S20 have HD Voice enabled? Please check here: http://spr.ly/6601G7eCS

Which extender model are you using? 

AkaneM_VZW
0 Likes
Anamski

having the same issue with my S20. HD calling is turned on. I have bomb WIFI and STILL drop calls!!

0 Likes
Mohawk33

Within the last 24 hours my LTE 4G Extender and my Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G (UW) can't connect.

-Advanced calling is ON!

-Ran the trouble shooting page on the Verizon support page

-Extender says "In Service"

-Dialed #48 get "not connected...) message

-Have rebooted everything...

-I can log into the extender from my PC

Anyone have any ideas,

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Mohawk33

Thank you so much for reaching out to us regarding your device and the Network Extender. Help is here. I appreciate all the steps you have taken thus far to fix this. Just have to get a few questions out of the way to ensure we are on the same page. Did you complete a full restart on the extender? Any changes to your home Wi-Fi services? Are all the lights showing up on the extender or is anything blinking?

0 Likes
WendiScott

Hi, we have had this extender for several months, and we get 4 to 5 bars when connected. Our newer phone always reconnects immediately after leaving the property and then returning. Our older Galaxy 5S USUALLY reconnects after leaving the property. BUT TWICE the 5S would not reconnect for over a day. The first time, it magically reconnected after 24 hours trying many resets, even contacting Verizon tech support who do not seem to understand the issue well and did not help at the time. Then I tried Airplane mode on then off, which resulted in reconnect. Maybe this reconnect was coincidental because this second time nothing works to reconnect, including Airplane mode on then off, rebooting each of the internet router, the extender, the phone, and then tried many other setting changes. The #48 confirms that the phone does not have extender service even after keeping the phone next to the extender several times for hours straight. Cannot find help no matter where I look.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, being on top of your network extender is vital, especially if you are having phone connection issues. When did the problem start? What recent changes have you made? Aside from the connectivity problem, any other issues?

0 Likes