Highlighted

why dont you have a discount for people on disability or limited income???

morty1962

why dont you consider having a discount for people on disability, you have them for other things and groups why not us poor people that can prove our income? I get 855.00 per month for my son, We get no other income, and this phone bill is killing me I have to have a phone with me at all times because of my health and also because of my sons, I have found with other services to where you lose a lot of calls and extra charges for 911 calls and that is wrong.  Also you run out of minutes its crazy I have been with you for almost 20  years and I look back on the years that I have been with your company and I cannot get over with disability we only get a 1 to 3% income increase and you guys [removed required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] I cannot get over how much more I am paying,..
  We got totally ripped off by one of the stores  with the so called free Ipad  but the guy forgot to let us know the covers and things cost me almost 800.00 and when I took them back to the store the manager told me I was a day late from the time I could return them, I told your sales clerk If I could I would take them and shove them where it would hurt,,I just got my bill paid off,,, called to finally get my upgrades that I could have gotten almost a year ago and now I get nothing off for them,,for 2 phones its going to cost me over 1400.00.. Thats [removed] I am appalled with the way you make it to where we got to pay so much for something that might cost you 50.00 if that.. I know retail I know how it works and its an outrage if people only knew...
  Please consider a discount for the disabled,,

Thank you

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: why dont you have a discount for people on disability or limited income???

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

image.jpg

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Verizon does provide "lifeline" phones for qualified persons.  These are basic phones and basic accounts and are very inexpensive.  Only one is allowed per household.

I Know this is going to come of rude, sorry in advance.... But why with a limited income did you even look at an iPad when you know they cost hundreds of dollars? 

You can sell the iPad on eBay and cancel the line on your service.  Hopefully you will break even.

Weth
Sr. Leader

Verizon has publicly stated it has no interest in being a low cost provider and does not target the demographics looking for that.  There are many prepaid options you should strong,y consider, costing as little as $35 per month for unlimited calls, unlimited texting, and 2.5 GB data, with a smartphone that costs $30.  You can even go $25 per month for just unlimited voice and text, and use only wifi for data.  There are options. 

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

image.jpg

cancersucks64

Unfortunately, I am 51 years old, and 14 months ago was diagnosed with Leukemia.   It was not a "choice", it was a complete life changing event.  And even more unfortunate, a couple months prior we upgraded phones added a couple tablets,  and therefore locked in to the infamous "2 year agreement". (We have been with Verizon for 8 years).  Prior to this traumatic life event, my husband and I worked 40+ hours a week for 30+ years, and were able to pay our bills each and every month.  After spending 30 days in the hospital,(where we traveled over 500 miles to go to for the type of care I needed)  going through months and months of chemotherapy (out of town) and racking up tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills alone, (even with health insurance) not counting the expense of my husband staying by my side every minute of my ordeal.  I am on disability (after having to wait 6 months to receive my first monthly payment, with neither my husband or I working during these 6 months)   We depleted every penny we had, sold everything we owned except the absolute necessities, and lost everything else.  Because we are still under the wonderful "2 year agreement" (which is what we have been told numerous times when we call and ask for help)  we are not eligible for any "options".  And dropping any of the lines is not an option, because of the "2 year agreement".  We cannot go to the prepaid, pay as you go, or any other  "indigent" plan unless we pay out the remainder of the contract on all of our devices, plus the remaining balance on our phones.   Verizon does not care about their customers, they are only concerned of the millions of dollars they are making.   We need our phones, they are the life line between myself and my doctors/hospitals etc.  I have considered ditching Verizon and going to another carrier, but unfortunately where I am Verizon has the best signal/coverage, and I cannot be without service.   So, because I have cancer, have been told I will never work again, and do not receive enough disability payments to live,  I am considered "trash".    Verizon is just another big corporation, buying all the small companies, and is concerned with only one thing.....   MONEY.    

Community Manager
Community Manager

cancersucks64 - It really saddens me to read your post. I cannot imagine how hard your situation must be. You should have been provided with some options. I apologoze if that was not done. ou will always be a valuable member of our Verizon Wireless family. Please know that we will review all available options for you. I will personally be sending you an email so we can work together and find any available options.

-JacobV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

flutterfly8497

First of all, I am so sorry you are struggling with cancer. It is a costly and debilitating (in more ways than just physically) disease that has no mercy. Having said that, I think the point mama23dogs was making was that while illness is not a choice, buying expensive recreational devices like iPads and smartphones IS a choice. You can switch to a basic phone that will give you the calling and texting and still reduce your bill significantly, and if you are eligible for upgrades then you are at the end of your contracts, so changing over to a cheaper service or just switching to basic phones is an option. As mama23dogs suggested, you can sell the iPad and recoup some of your money there, or just take it off the wireless plan and use it on your home wifi/free wifi offered by clinics, hospitals, and many other businesses.

i wish you all the best in your fight against cancer!

0 Likes

morty1962

THE I PAD WAS SUPPOSE TO BE FREE,,NO COST WHAT SO EVER..AND i ASKED SEVERAL PEOPLE ABOUT IT AND THE MANAGER EVEN TOLD ME THEY WAS FREE,,,
  THE SO CALLED SALES REP HAD US PICK OUT COVERS AND STUFF,, i SAID  NOW ALL THIS [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] IS FREE CAUSE i CANNOT AFFORD ANY OTHER BILLS,,  HE SAID NO MAMA THEY ARE ALL FREE,,,, HE WAS A GREAT CON ARTIST THATS FOR SURE,,,

0 Likes

morty1962

thank you for answering my ?   but where i live verizon is the only phone we do not have problems with by getting cut off and losing service,,  and I did not think you was rude at all..  I appreciate honesty,,

have a great day and thank you again

Wendy

morty1962

[Removed] I know just what you mean they sucked us into getting the so called Ipad and I told they guy I could not afford extra on my account I got my bill 2 weeks later and they charged me 800.00 for the covers and the plastic cover I took the ipads back told them get them off my bill and they told me I only had 7 days to do that, well it was 2 weeks,, Talk about hot,,I talked to the so called manager I called they would not do one [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] thing for me,, I went over to the guy that helped us and got us the Ipads and told him exactly what I thought of him and it was not nice,,,when you tell someone something if free it should be free.Now i too am stuck for 2 years to pay extra on their bill,,between verizon and cox cable I dont know what is worse,, I told cox to come and get their [removed] I refuse to pay people when they rip you off and dont care they told me I had to take it to them I said nope you come and get it or it goes in the dumpster,,
   I dont know what ever happened to good customer service but people do not care any more,, The people at verizon will get rude with you and argue with you until you get so made you end up hanging up on them.   They need to make people take classes on customer care, or at least know the truth when they work with people,, verizon people are only out for their commission and thats it  they guy that ripped me off I told him its said you are more worried about your pocket then being a real customer service sales,,, then I said a few things to the manager and walked out,, I was never so angry,,they will lose us as customers as soon as our 2 years is up... I have to have a phone because of my medical problems,, I am sorry you are going through basically the same thing I am,, and its sad people dont care no more,,,

Good luck with your health,,PRAYERS... and they are rip off people,,,