voice mail notifications have become text messages

radbobdad

I have an Android phone (Nexus 6p).

Some time ago, the behavior of my phone changed regarding Voice Mail.

Now, when the status of my Voice Mailbox changes (i.e. I get a new message, or I clear my mailbox), I no longer get an Android status update in my notification bar.

Instead, when I clear my mailbox I now get this text message: "//VZWVVMSmiley FrustratedYNC:ev=MBU;dev_t=5"

When I get a new voice mail message, I get a message that looks like this: "//VZWVVMSmiley FrustratedYNC:ev=NM;id=21;c=1;t=v;s=1206320666;dt=09/03/2017 18:17 -0500;l=33;dev_t=5"

If I had to guess I'd say I am configured for Visual Voice Mail (VZWVVM), but I am not a VVM subscriber and do not want that feature.

Is there anything I can do to fix this so that I get proper notifications again when I have voice mail?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: voice mail notifications have become text messages

Ann154
Expert

I would agree that your line is somehow set up for Visual Voicemail based on the information you provided. I would suggest that you call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone and request they add the Block Visual Voicemail feature to your line. You used to be able to add it yourself, but a recent design change of the MyVerizon account online removed that option.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

I would agree that your line is somehow set up for Visual Voicemail based on the information you provided. I would suggest that you call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone and request they add the Block Visual Voicemail feature to your line. You used to be able to add it yourself, but a recent design change of the MyVerizon account online removed that option.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

philnahrgang7

YES! This works and after 9 months I get voice message notification and the annoying cryptic text messages have stopped.  It took two minutes to correct the problem.

0 Likes

CZollo

Just spent two hrs on phone with VZ tech support and Level 1....all rds lead to a glitch at the contractor providing the voicemail service..have a ticket in and asked for 72 hrs to resolve.

I get my messages sent to text Messaging with odd Smiley face and numbers and dates ( the number trying to get me) I can access VM  *86 and listen but don't even know by way of notification that I have VM's.

Went thru 2 hrs of troubleshooting...not have to wait to see if the guys with pointy ears can fix it

0 Likes