verizon bogo scam

jthao77

back in March 2018, my contract end and eligible for upgrade. Verizon email me about their new promotion of buy one get one free. I called and chat with their reps multiple time before make a decision and ordering online with their rep.  Month later bill was billed for both phone, I called and their excuse was that I didn't add a new line and they will credit it back the following month because in such a short time everything is not credit accordingly. 2nd month came same charge for both phone, I called verizon and they said they will waive that month fee and will credit the first month charge which didn't happen. 3rd month came and bill still the same charge for both phone, called verizon and talk to their manager and sale rep, they said there is nothing they can't do since the promotion already back in march. I asked them why don't they solved this problem from the beginning, they just mumble and said sorry. They knew it was their rep's fault for not telling me but still can't do anything about it and won't credit or waive those charge. I'll be through with them and won't pay them a penny. They can deal with my attorney if they send me to collection.

​Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: verizon bogo scam

Ann154
Expert

Did you fully qualify for the BOGO promotion? The BOGO requires a new line of service for one of the phones. Did you add a new line?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

jthao77,

This isn't the experience you deserve. I'm appalled to hear about this issue and I'm determined to turn this around for you. My goal is to restore your faith in us. Allow me to gather some details, so I can better assist you. Ann154, asked some great questions. Where you advised a new line was required for the promotion?

Juan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

jthao77

I was ordering my phone with verizon assisted, he didnt mention about add a line. He told me both my line are eligible and its not neccessary to change phone # or cancel any.

I had talk to your sale dept and customer srvs manager, they cant anything. I dont have time to talk and wait hours and put on hold.

0 Likes

I am going thru the exact samething. Rep on phone told me i didnt need to add a line to qualify. Now getting charged for both phones. Wouldnt have bought them if thats the case. I have been with verizon for 12 years  not much longer once i figure this out. Looks like verizon sales reps only want commission and rhen they move on.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

BOBBYDIGITAL339,

We want to make sure we are addressing the situation with your BOGO. We shows that you were sent a Private Message? Was it received? Have you been able to speak to a representative on this matter?

Colin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Not yet

0 Likes

2Re: verizon bogo scam

Ronnierae

I started with Verizon in August with 2 new lines and they said i could get the BOGO on the galaxys. After getting billed for both for almost 3 months I've talked to the store and customer support and they said theirs nothing they can do so I've basically got messed up 

0 Likes

Re: 2Re: verizon bogo scam

Messed up me too doing the same thing today.

Charged my card the $14 fee(which is fine) but i now owe $180 for a free phone according to the paperwork.

0 Likes