Highlighted

unable to use my verizon app

tahoerider99

Im a new customer. When setting up the my verizon app it prompts me to "Please request one time verification code to proceed. Well send a verification code to help keep your account secure." I then select "send code" and everytime i get the same message which is We cant complete your request right now. Sorry about that. Please try again later". But no matter what i get that same message even if i try to setup a new account. I talked with support earlier today and all they said they could do was to reset the app account. It allowed me to setup the account and use the app but as soon as i logged out i get the same message about the code. I recently ported my number in and im using a oneplus 6t. I tried using the app on my ipad and im getting the same error message. So its a account issue?

0 Likes

Re: unable to use my verizon app

Community Manager
Community Manager

We are sorry to hear that you are having a hard time registering for My Verizon. We understand the importance of seeing how you can get this corrected, and we will be glad to help! To confirm, do you already have service in your new phone? Have you tried the option to get it by email instead? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes

tahoerider99

Yes i already have service. calls and texting both ways. wheres the option to get it by email? its not offered during longin for the app.

0 Likes

tahoerider99

Tested using my wifes number as the number when using the app which isnt on my account and it prompted to send her phone number the code, so its something on my account. Can this be removed from my account so i can use the app? 

0 Likes