Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.
roaming charge
emmefoxx

While in Maui,Hi. is there a roaming charge on calls and texting?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: roaming charge
dexman
0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader

The post in that link states "do *228, option 2 to update your roaming capabilities" ... that should not be done with an LTE phone since the SIM card handles updating the Preferred Roaming List.  Instead, reboot the phone.

0 Likes
dexman

I think that the *228 is for feature phones. I was zeroing in on the notation that Hawaii is treated as a domestic call area.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

emmefoxx, making sure that you are covered for your trip is a must. We are here to help. Hawaii is part of the USA, and you would not incur any roaming fee's for this trip. Click here http://spr.ly/6589D0fYZ and scroll to the Interactive Maps section.

Alberto_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Ran into a post recently where a customer was charged ’domestic roaming CA’.  Turns out he had a very old regional plan which covered the eastern part of the US only.  Changed plan to a current plan which was much cheaper (even without roaming).

0 Likes