reconnect fees !

Jim12986

I was charged $20 per line re-connect fee because my service was disconnected? I paid my bill  the same day the payment was due but yet still had service !  I have been with Verizon for over 15 years , and NOW I am done ! the charges keep creeping up the service in my area is lousy and I pay over $250 month for 3 phones? now I am charged an extra $80 reconnect fee. do the math people....smart talk for 4 phones with bad service = $45/mo , unlimited data VS $250/mo for 3 phones with shared 4gigs data and still bad service !  Bye bye Verizon !

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: reconnect fees !

Customer Service Rep

We know its upsetting to have reconnect fee's on your bill Jim12986. Were you advised the service would be temporarily suspended? At anytime your account is past due, it could be subject for suspension for non-payment. We can check your account to make sure you were charged properly.

I would also like to address the service issues in your area. Where are you located? How long have you had issues and are the issues inside or outside?

Lastly, we can also take a look at your plan to make sure you're on the best plan with the lowest cost. I have sent you a private message so that we can gather some additional information to help with your issue.

KinquanaHH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

jdbranscum

I strongly suggest that you make a report of this illegal reconnection fee application to the FCC.  Sprint did the same to me even though my service, like yours, was never interupted as I showed the FCC with service records downloaded from Verizon itself.

From what I was told, Verizon is doing this to a lot of people, so it is best to just leave it for the FCC to handle.  I have a feeling that in the end, the money they are making off these illegal reconnection fees will pale with the fine they will receive.

0 Likes
Highlighted

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Do you realize you are responding to a 3+ year old post?

Customer Service Rep

Our valued customer's account concerns are our concerns too. As a valued customer, we certainly don't want to inconvenience you in any way. We're also aware that our team and some forum members provided a response to your concerns regarding Re-connection Fee charges on January 11, 2016. As a friendly reminder, I've duplicated the post response from our team member below for your review:

Re: Erroneous reconnection fee

jdbranscum, having your account in order is always important and we do want to make sure that you can stay connected and informed. A reconnection fee is applied to your lines if service is interrupted by non/payment or failure to make repeated Promise To Pay dates on your account. This will be a $20 fee applied to each line on the account. For further assistance with this, please contact our Financial Service team at 866-266-1445 between the following hours of operation: 

Sat 8:00AM - 8:00PM ET

Mon-Fri 7:00AM - 12:00AM ET

JoseL_VZW

I hope this provides clarity? - RobertC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes