Re: reception problem

pov2014

I call the residential customer service division and after VZ investigation completed, they said it was the VZ tower weakness signal in my area.  VZ says a manager is going to call me about alternative to solve my problem but thus far, I have not receive this call.  I am frustrate it everyday  because very weak signal inside my house and I cannot have a clear conversation, and must step out the door 5 to 15 feet to get a 2 to 3 bar signaling.  Sadly I cannot doing this while on unlimited plan on everything.  It is an on going problem for the past several months.   I would need an network extender by VZ

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

pov2014, Network Extenders work like a mini cell tower in your home, providing enhanced network coverage.There are several models of Network Extenders to meet our customers' needs. We are happy to help you get one, if you like.

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

stef7

I'd be weary of promises that a network extender are going to *really* help you.

First, you have to be within a 50ft radius of the device. Secondly, you are using WiFi data.

You'd probably be better off enabling WiFi Calling while you are in your house if you have good WiFi coverage.

You could try forcing your phone to 3G while in your home for your device. Google it.

0 Likes

pov2014

Whatever you can do to improve my network or cell phone signal, do it sir, I am tire if going back and forth on this issue. I am waiting your plan?

Too frustrating when receiving calls and dialing out , I have to be near the outside door or go outside. This is not how it supposed to work and paying high cost for plan and Phone. iPhone 6s Plus and 7 Plus, cannot do much about it, what else? Towering weak in my area so I need solution,?not suggestions wi-GI calling, it too very weak...

Txs for understanding sir

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

You may need to look for a provider which has better service in your area. The options with Verizon would be to purchase a network extender or turn on wifi calling for your phones to use while in your home. Both of the phones you have listed are capable of wifi calling. Purchasing a network extender will cost you $250 and will still be using your home's broadband connection. Wifi calling will not cost you anything and will be using the same broadband connection. Have you turned on wifi for your phone to use your home's wifi signal while in your home? This would improve your internet connection on your phone while in your home if you are not receiving a reliable data connection.

pov2014

Look good, VZ will be history for me soon, I paid monthly $240+ a month for at least a yr and $200+ a month for 22yrs you tell me to buy your network extender, your network tower not good in my area. I’m done talking with you , because your tower problems and you tell me to buy $250 network extender?

I think I hurts and more greedy from VZ

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes

pov2014

It’s time to post it on FB of VZ weak signal home problems

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

This is valuable feedback, stef7. We do not want to lose your loyalty, pov2014. I understand you have worked with tech support to investigate the area. With service issues in your home, we have to consider options to enhance the indoor service. While we do offer a network extender, as other community members have suggested, WiFi Calling would be beneficial. You mentioned having Verizon Fios, and having a weak connection. Have you been able to test WiFi calling in rooms where you have a stronger WiFi connection? Have you contacted our Fios team for assistance with your WiFi? http://spr.ly/6586DBYEm

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

WoodySawyer

I'm having the exact same issues on my Verizon business phone service. It's been absolutely terrible inside and outside of my home. Never in  the 11 years of being a Verizon customer have we had issues here. It's so bad that we have to go to a McDonald's for free WiFi to do our billing. Where I mentioned to our Verizon rep. that my stepdaughter was setting next to me on TMobile and was enjoying 4 bars compared to my 1, my Verizon business rep told me to do what I had to do.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

We appreciate the long-term commitment over the 11 years, and I'm sorry to hear about your experience when speaking with our Business Team. We want to make sure we provide you with options. Having reliable service is important, especially for business purposes, and for the comfort of knowing that you can use your service both inside and outside of your home. How long has this been going on? What does your phone usually display with that 1 bar of service(4G/LTE, 3G, 1X)? How far do you have to travel before the service picks up? Any new development of construction in the area?  JoeyM_VZW

0 Likes