reception problem

pov2014

90% of a home area is not able to receive clearly any conversations, whether dialing or receiving, (my wife and I both own an iphone 6s plus and 7 plus).  For the  past few months to nearly a year now, it has been a struggle as what to do at home in term of receiving good reception in all area?  Most importantly, WI-FI in our bed room is almost none existing at all.  When receiving or dialing, we both must go out the door or near the door to the outside before I/we can hear clearly any voice at the other end.  Any help from VZ?

I have been a VZ customer for more than 22 yrs at this home and never have this problem before.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes

Re: reception problem

stef7

Download OpenSignal for your iPhones from iTunes.

When inside the house and outside, capture your signal strength to the tower at four times of the day (moning, noon, dinner, late in the evening).

Also capture your upload and download speeds.

Report this info with your zip code.

Now in your home, you might want to enable "WiFi Calling" on your iPhones.

Settings | Phone | WiFi Calling.

Sometimes phones, even if receiving a poor cellular signal will use that over WiFi. You can force WiFi by engaging Airplane Mode which shuts all radios off, then just enabling WiFi. When you leave the house, don't forget to disengage Airplane mode.

OK, I presume you want to receive a better WiFi signal in your bedroom. Where is your WiFi router located? Is the cable / DSL / or fiber modem separate from your WiFi router, or do you have a device that is both the carriers interface to the outside world (the "modem"), and the WiFi router? If they are separate, there is an Ethernet cable that connects the two. If it's short, you could get a longer one, and try different positions in the room for the router. If it's right up against the wall, that may not be good. Try to move it to a different location in the room. Even if the modem and router are the same piece of equipment, do you have the ability to relocate it?

Lastly, your WiFi router uses a channel of frequencies to communicate with your wireless devices. The ideal situation is that you use a channel that everyone else is not. Do you have a friend with an Android Phone? They could download WiFi Analyzer and with it you could see what channels are being used by neighborhood devices. You don't want to have your router competing with those of your neighbor. Pick a free channel, or one where the neighborhood signals are very low strength. Otherwise use a laptop and a program like NetStumbler. You could use either in the effort above to re-position the router for best signal in your bedroom.

One last thing. Popular are these things called WiFi Extenders. They are available on Amazon. They literally rebroadcast a WiFi signal in your home to improve coverage. Use one of those as a last resort though.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

It's important you can rely on your service, pov2014. You mentioned WiFi in your bedroom being non-existent. Can you clarify how your cellular data works in your home? Stef7 has a great suggestion about using WiFi calling. Have you been able to test this to enhance the call quality?

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

pov2014

We have Fio Verizon Internet and not having any issues before but now we both have iPhone 6s Plus and 7 Plus, and had been having issues not be able to hear clearly conversations in most area of the house. Only area near the outside door has clear signal and at least 3 bars. Our bedroom section has 1 or none bar signal at all.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

pov2014,

I’m sorry to read that you & your wife have been struggling with being able to have clear phone calls for almost a year. Your over 22 years of loyalty are very appreciated & we want to make sure we do everything we can to get your calls to be crystal clear once again. I appreciate all the information that you’ve provided. Other than yourself & your wife, do you know any other VZW users in your area experiencing service issues? What Zip Code do you live in? You mentioned that you have wifi, are these calls you are making/receiving over wifi or regular calls over our network?

AliciaS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!"

0 Likes
Highlighted

pov2014

Regular calls, we only use wi-fi for other uses, like FB, game, browse the news. Our household VZ are 5 users... most important, we cannot receive decent conversations in our bedroom and most area of the house MUST move near the outside door. This is ver frustrating; I want VZ tech to come and test network signals and how VZ can improve this. Most case scenario, I may have to switch carriers. Txs for understanding our situation.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes

pov2014

Our area is 02888 ...

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes

pov2014

Regular calls with VZ network..

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes

pov2014

My plan is unlimited everything so my network should be very clear too.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

We certainly want you to have great service with us, pov2014. We never want to lose a valuable customer like you. We can help trouble shoot the issue with you. Reviewing the service in your area, there are no reported issues or problems.

From what you are stating, the issue may just be when indoors at your home. This can be caused by many things out of our control, like the structure of your home itself.

Using features like Wi-Fi calling would help with your calls indoors. What signal do you get with your phones while indoors and what is the signal like when outside?

StevenG_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes