Highlighted

"you have exceeded your max allowed credit card update attempts"?

Started having a problem with paying my prepaid plan. Anytime I try to pay (either via the app, website, or phone) it just says "You have exceeded your max allowed credit card update attempts. You may return at a later date to update your credit card." I have tried contacting prepaid customer service; however, calling any number when the balance is zero redirects you to the payment services. I've scoured the community, and while I have found this issue several times, there is never any kind of conclusive answer. All I'm trying to do is pay for my service, but Verizon literally will not take my money no matter how hard I try. Any help or answers would be greatly appreciated, Otherwise I'll have to give up my Verizon services and find a company that actually wants my money.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: "you have exceeded your max allowed credit card update attempts"?

Ann154
Power User

Maybe a visit to a corporate store would be a good idea.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to check all possible options. We recommend contacting our Prepaid line at, 888-294-6804, or by Chat at VZW.com (during business hours). If you continue to see the issue, as mentioned by Ann154, a Store location would be a good idea as well. Find a store near you at, VZW.com/Stores.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

MslaMama

I am having the same issue.  And the card on file will be expiring soon so I need to update it.  Does anyone know the number for financial assistance?  All general support agents aren't allowed to deal with credit cards or payments.

0 Likes

MslaMama

I went into a store and they had the same problem I was.  I was told to wait 24 hours and try again.

0 Likes

edt11x

I tried after two days and it still gives the same message. I stayed online waiting for support for two hours and they said the same thing. Wait and try again. I am on hold waiting for support now.

0 Likes

Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to read that you are having issues with using your credit card, edt11x. Has the issue been resolved with your call to our support team? Have you contacted your financial institution?

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes