Highlighted

"unable to block number" message

njahren

I tried to block a number that solicits me repeatedly.  When I entered the number in the box on MyVerizon, I got the message "Unable to block XXX-XXX-XXXX on [my number and device].  I do not understand why the system will not let me block this number.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: "unable to block number" message

Verizon Employee

njahren​ , after chatting in Direct Message, I am glad to learn that you have been able to block the number by using your Sign In information on the My Verizon page. 

Have a great day!

yarelim_vzw

View solution in original post

0 Likes

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

Is it an 800 or other toll free number?  I don't believe you can block those.

It may also be a "spoofed" number, not a legitimate phone number, and therefore seen as invalid so no block occurs.

0 Likes

njahren

Thanks for getting back to me.

It is not an 800 number, it has a local area code from my city.  It is not a spoofed number, it is the university I attended calling for donations.  I have asked them not to call me, but the calls continue, and my friends from college say the same thing happens to them.

0 Likes

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

Depending on the phone you have, you could try using the phone's block option.

0 Likes

Verizon Employee

I also dislike receiving unwanted calls and want to make sure we help you get this number blocked @njahren​ .  I am going to send you a Direct Message for better assistance.

Please check your Inbox

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes

Verizon Employee

njahren​ , after chatting in Direct Message, I am glad to learn that you have been able to block the number by using your Sign In information on the My Verizon page. 

Have a great day!

yarelim_vzw

View solution in original post

0 Likes