"You would have to be dead" is an actual quote from an actual Verizon Service Representative

"You would have to be dead," is the only acceptable extenuating circumstance that Verizon will allow for an unreturned router. Verizon does not even want to know the extenuating circumstance, it is enough that I am still alive, thus my reason is insufficient. Were I dead, then I might have something to go on. Were I dead, maybe that would warrant escalation to a higher level of customer service, but they aren't making any promises. I would have to die first, presumably, then they would get back to me about it.

Verizon Wireless would rather destroy my credit and lose 10-years of preexisting business than address a legitimate concern regarding the extenuating circumstances surrounding my inability to return a router, a router that was provided to me for free, a router that provided Verizon Fios with access to a building in which they did not previously have connectivity, a building located in a new Verizon Fios expansion area, which allowed Verizon Fios to extend their reach and to acquire new and additional customers within the same building.

By turning a blind eye, Verizon Wireless condones any and all aggressive customer service tactics by Verizon Fios, a company bearing the same name as them. Presumably, this is because Verizon Wireless does not believe that it will tarnish their company reputation or impact their pre-existing core business. Verizon Wireless washes their hands of whatever mistreatment their customers may incur at the hands of Verizon Fios, because they are radically different companies that just so happen to share the same website, phone number, and first name. These similarities are largely cosmetic, after all, as the real distinction probably lies somewhere in the tax filings — it does not lie on the customer service front, where playing good cop still makes you a cop — the bad cop next to you is still your partner, and it would be nice if you would say so instead of maintaining that you are separate entities who aren't even aware of each other.

0 Likes

Re: "You would have to be dead" is an actual quote from an actual Verizon Service Representative

If someone passes away, it wouldn't be right to hold them to equipment. If someone doesn't return equipment or pay for it while alive, that's just being irresponsible. 

There you go again mixing Verizon Wireless with Verizon FIOS. Both Pizza Hut and KFC are owned by Yum Foods, but they aren't the same, neither is wireless and FIOS. I've never seen someone call Pizza Hut for a bucket of chicken, have you?

0 Likes

Re: "You would have to be dead" is an actual quote from an actual Verizon Service Representative

Same website, same phone number, same name.

0 Likes

Expert

If your issue is with Verizon Fios, complain about it on their own forum and not the Verizon Wireless Community forum. The link to Fios forum is below. 

https://forums.verizon.com/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

These forums are dedicated to products and services offered by Verizon Wireless.
For help with Residential Verizon Fios issues, please post your topic on the Verizon Fios Community.
Thank you.

0 Likes