Highlighted

"Early Edge"

I went to a verizon store to get a iPhone 6 plus  for my son (currently have Samsung S4) with the Edge program. Only to find out I am only eligible for the "Early Edge" and can only get Droid Turbo. The guy at the store told me to call customer service and they may can help me. Customer service told me since I am not within 6 months of my contract end date that I can't choose any phone I want cause I don't have the full Edge upgrade. That is really not stated in the advertisement very well, kind of misled. Customer service rep said she would talk to manager and see if they could work with me and she would call back, yet I never received the call back. I have been a loyal customer since 2001 and have never missed a payment or had a mark on my account. I have 3  phones for wife and kids, this is not how I exepected to be treated. Is there any way to work around the "early edge" program and get the regular edge program now? If not, I guess I will let Sprint buyout my contracts so I can actually get the phones I want. I don't to leave verizon, but I will if needed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: "Early Edge"

Novice

Early Edge is a privledge, Verizon doesn't have to even offer you the Turbo because you signed a 2 year contract and they could make you complete the full contract term. Which, for you to get any phone, is what they are in fact doing. Loyalty is something you come up with when you feel entitled to something you're not.

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Edge is a great option and here is more info on the Edge program. http://vz.to/1dG4Hpu

VanetrisC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Highlighted

IM GOING TO COPY THIS TO MY CLIPBOARD

0 Likes
Highlighted

First, the VZW Customer Support post is completely irrelevant. HA!

Second, I'm convinced that people like Cruser2008 are paid by VZW to go around and "set people straight" on the message boards. I'm not completely convinced that Edge is a privilege. It's a financing program and they get a lot more money for the phone in the end than they would on the typical two-year contract. (I've never paid more than $199 for a phone, here I'm willing to pay $750.) And I'm not trying to get out of my two-year contract term... I don't choose to stay with companies because of contracts, I choose to stay with them because of satisfaction. This poorly marketed and implemented program is just serving to frustrate me with Verizon. I would stay indefinitely, regardless of having a contract, if I were satisfied. Now the end of my contract might spell the end of my time as a customer because I'm not.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Early Edge is a promotion where you can enter into an Edge agreement before you become eligible. Normally, you have to complete your contract before becoming eligible. Verizon forgives the remainder of your contract when entering into an Early Edge agreement in exchange for returning your contract phone in good condition. Not all phones are eligible to be purchased on Early Edge and the eligible phones can change at any time. In September/October it was the iPhone 6/6+. Now it is the Droid Turbo. I am sure it may change in the future. It is unfortunate Verizon chooses to have ALL phones pop up when attempting an Early Edge instead of just the eligible phone(s).

Yes, there is a way to bypass Early Edge and go with Edge. You would do this by completing your contract.

Of course, you can pay full price up front at any time you would like to purchase a phone.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Highlighted

I agree it is very misleading! I have three months left on my contract and I am so tired of hearing how they don't have to do this or that.  If they choose to keep customers happy it should be clearly stated Hey you can upgrade now but only these select phones. Lets be honest they are doing us no favors there is a reason why only certain phones qualify for this Early Edge....$$$..  What I don't understand is I can upgrade at Full price right now and keep my old phone and sell it for 150-300.  If I want to use edge and "finance" the phone I still pay full price over time and I have to give them my old phone so they can sell it.. It is probably best just to pay up front and keep more of your money...

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Jeffmas2010 wrote:

there is a reason why only certain phones qualify for this Early Edge....$$$.. 

If the reason was only money, I would think ALL phones would qualify for Early Edge.

Jeffmas2010 wrote:

If I want to use edge and "finance" the phone I still pay full price over time and I have to give them my old phone so they can sell it

This is partially true. You only have to give them your old phone if you are currently under contract OR have not yet completed your Edge payments. If you complete your contract OR complete all of your Edge payments you do not have to turn in your old phone.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

I don't get paid by Verizon, just stating the facts that he is currently in a contract that he agreed to complete, Verizon is offering to let him get out of that contract and go on Edge earlier than he normally would be able to, that is a privledge.

0 Likes