Highlighted

"Block Premium Messaging" blocks all texts

canova

I am a prepaid customer.  I recently upgraded to a Galaxy S6.  When I log in to My Verizon (mobile and full website) and try to enable the "Block Premium Messaging" feature, it enables "Block Text/Pix" instead.  The "On" slider for premium messaging will show, but as soon as I return to the screen, the slider for that will be "Off" and Block Text/Pix will be "On."

Is this a phone thing, or a problem with My Verizon?  I was on the phone with customer support last night, and he experienced the same problem on my account.  I should be able to block premium messaging.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: "Block Premium Messaging" blocks all texts

Community Manager
Community Manager
canova

You've got questions, I have answers. Here is some information about premium messaging http://spr.ly/6582B8aoj

We have actually stopped premium messaging billing as of January 31, 2014. With that the premium messaging block has been changed to the format you are seeing now since there is no need to block something we no longer offer. If you would like additional assistance with your prepay account our prepay experts are standing by at 888-294-6804.

BryanS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Re: "Block Premium Messaging" blocks all texts

Community Manager
Community Manager
canova

You've got questions, I have answers. Here is some information about premium messaging http://spr.ly/6582B8aoj

We have actually stopped premium messaging billing as of January 31, 2014. With that the premium messaging block has been changed to the format you are seeing now since there is no need to block something we no longer offer. If you would like additional assistance with your prepay account our prepay experts are standing by at 888-294-6804.

BryanS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes