Highlighted

proration and autopay

am i wrong for feeling scammed? So this corona virus garbage has me getting 20 hours a week living paycheck to paycheck my autopay usually comes out like the 8th of every month. so i haven't had enough money to pay it on the 8th cause of other bills falling on or around that date. so what i did was change my autopay date to the 25th cause it was more convenient for my wallet. so the guy set me up a promise to pay on the current bill for the 25th and changed the autopay date so i get my next bill and it says $377 so i sit on hold for like an hour finally say mess it im gonna just do the chat he explains it all and i got prorated for a month

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: proration and autopay

Expert

Yes, if you change your bill due date, you will be charged an partial month (aka prorated or proration) of service to get your bill on the new billing cycle schedule. You will also be charged the full monthly amount for any device payment agreements you currently have on your account. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: proration and autopay

Customer Support

COVID-19 has affected us all. I'm sorry to learn about any confusion surrounding the change you made for your payment. Tell me, did you change your due date, or did you only change the date for your Autopay? Have you received a bill since the change was made? Please clarify, thanks very much. 

0 Likes