Highlighted

ported lines to another carrier 10 days into billing cycle; told I have to pay for the entire month??

After being a loyal customer for quite a while, we made the decision to port our 4 lines to another carrier.  Purely $$ based; we satisfied our contract and were on month to month.  All lines were eligible for upgraded phones... problem is that, for existing customer, there wasn't really any good "deals" ....

Ending up saving quite a bit (with brand new phones and more data).  The lines were ported over on day 10 of the cycle.  The due date of the cycle is due 1/23.  Contacted customer service and asked to have the 20 days credited to our account (before I pay the bill).

Was told .. NO.. I was obligated to pay to the end of the cycle even though we have "left".

Asked to speak to a manager.. was told NO ... that I was obligated to pay the entire amount.

Tried a chat session... they were unable to assist (actually ended the chat abruptly!!)

REALLY????  Has anyone experienced this??!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: ported lines to another carrier 10 days into billing cycle; told I have to pay for the entire month??

When you cancel your services, so have to pay for the full month you are in as per the contract that we all signed.

See it here- Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

"CAN I TAKE MY WIRELESS PHONE NUMBER TO ANOTHER CARRIER?

You may be able to take, or "port", your wireless phone number to another carrier.  If you port a number from us, we'll treat it as though you asked us to cancel your Service for that number.  After the porting is completed, you won't be able to use our service for that number, but you'll remain responsible for all fees and charges through the end of that billing cycle, just like any other cancellation.  If you're a Prepaid customer, you won't be entitled to a refund of any balance on your account. If you port a number to us, please be aware that we may not be able to provide some services right away, such as 911 location services.  You don't have any rights to your wireless phone number, except for any right you may have to port it."

Good Luck.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: ported lines to another carrier 10 days into billing cycle; told I have to pay for the entire month??

When you cancel your services, so have to pay for the full month you are in as per the contract that we all signed.

See it here- Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

"CAN I TAKE MY WIRELESS PHONE NUMBER TO ANOTHER CARRIER?

You may be able to take, or "port", your wireless phone number to another carrier.  If you port a number from us, we'll treat it as though you asked us to cancel your Service for that number.  After the porting is completed, you won't be able to use our service for that number, but you'll remain responsible for all fees and charges through the end of that billing cycle, just like any other cancellation.  If you're a Prepaid customer, you won't be entitled to a refund of any balance on your account. If you port a number to us, please be aware that we may not be able to provide some services right away, such as 911 location services.  You don't have any rights to your wireless phone number, except for any right you may have to port it."

Good Luck.

View solution in original post