over data limit??

Ive been a Verizon customer for a long time and never can I remember going over my data limit until this month. I have always had roll over time. suddenly I am over my limit....how does that happen and has anyone else experienced this.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: over data limit??

Sr. Leader

THELOOKINGGLASSINV wrote:

how does that happen and has anyone else experienced this.

This can happen if a setting on an app on your phone changes and the app starts using a larger amount of data. It is not unusual for the settings in an app to change when the app is updated.

Highlighted

oh I see.......how do I figure which app has changed though?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

using the phone, apps updating, sending/receiving large pic messages.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

By looking at the phone's on board data counter and seeing which applications used the most data.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We understand how vital it is to monitor data use, THELOOKINGGLASSINV. It’s especially helpful during times such as these, when trying to determine what caused an increase. You have a great team here to help out. Ann154, bearone21, and rschnoor have offered some great tips. I noticed you posted your last reply a couple days back. Have you found out which app or apps caused the increase in data use? What other information have you found out when looking for the source of the increased usage? What other questions do you have about the information you’ve found?

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Covid19