Highlighted

new unlimited data

im currently on the xxl 24gb data plan 4 lines will I automatically get the unlimited  data or do I have to call in and change it

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: new unlimited data

Sr. Leader

mama23dogs wrote:

Geekner1

How do you figure increasing to unlimited could possibly incur an overage? The new plan can be set to start immediately. When increasing a plan to unlimited data during a bill cycle, there is no way to incur prorated or overage.

Actually, you do not want the new plan to start "immediately" if you have used a large portion of your previous plan's data in a small portion of your billing cycle. Having the plan start "immediately" could get you an overage. Backdating the plan to the beginning of your current billing cycle would prevent any overages.

For example: you have a 16 GB data allowance and you have used 8 GB only 1/4 of the way thru your billing cycle. If you have the change take effect "immediately", you would have had a data allowance of 4 GB for the 1st quarter of your billing cycle and a 4 GB overage for a $60 overage fee. You would then have unlimited data to use for the last 3/4 of your billing cycle.

If you backdate the change to the beginning of your billing cycle, you would have no overage.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

You have to call customer care to do this. Or you should be able to do this on the website. You won't be able to backdate to the start of your billing cycle. So, future date it to start with your next bill cycle date. As an example, you are on bill cycle 20 (Feb. 20th), you want to start the new plan on Feb 21st. Otherwise, you could see nasty pro-rations of data use and overage fees.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I believe I have answered the question for this individual. Remember that if you make an "on-demand" change to your calling plan effective today, and in the middle of your billing cycle...the company will pro-rate your data plan by the day. So, if on a 10gb plan and your bill cycle ends on the 20th...and you have used up

9gb through today, you would get billed an "overage rate" of $15 per gigabyte overage. You are allowed .333gb per day since the start of your present bill cycle...assuming it started on Jan. 21st (bill cycle 20). Be careful. If not sure what you are doing, call customer care at 800-922-0204.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Geekner1

How do you figure increasing to unlimited could possibly incur an overage?   The new plan can be set to start immediately.  When increasing a plan to unlimited data during a bill cycle, there is no way to incur prorated or overage.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Geekner1 wrote:

You won't be able to backdate to the start of your billing cycle.

This part is not true. I was able to select to start retroactively to the beginning of my current billing period no problem.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Exactly.  Unlimited is unlimited...

0 Likes
Highlighted

If you were able to backdate to start of your billing cycle, then it's news to me. VZW has not made that clear in their advertising.

If you had done an on-demand change, then you could be hit with overage fees. That example would apply if you used up more data than allocated, as in the example mentioned yesterday.

Nonetheless, good for you if you did backdate it. If the new plan doesn't work out for you, you are allowed to go back to the "new Verizon plan." e.g. S, M, L, XL, XXL.

The 10gb hotspot limit concerns me along with the loss of any employee discount that you might be

getting. With the exception of military/veterans discount.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Many people have added to the current cycle, with effective date the first day of your current cycle. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Lol..   Again, there is no way if the change to unlimited is processed during the month even if it isn't back dated, that one can be billed for overage.  Unlimited is unlimited.  

We can give it a number to drive the point home.  Let's say 1,000 gigs, formerly 24 gigs.  You use up all the 24 gigs half way through the month.  You prorate the 1,000 gigs, you now have 524 gigs.   Let's say you waited till the last day, so you only have 1/30th of the 1,000 gigs, or 33 gigs, so 57 gigs and one day to use it up.

Not logical....

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

mama23dogs wrote:

Geekner1

How do you figure increasing to unlimited could possibly incur an overage? The new plan can be set to start immediately. When increasing a plan to unlimited data during a bill cycle, there is no way to incur prorated or overage.

Actually, you do not want the new plan to start "immediately" if you have used a large portion of your previous plan's data in a small portion of your billing cycle. Having the plan start "immediately" could get you an overage. Backdating the plan to the beginning of your current billing cycle would prevent any overages.

For example: you have a 16 GB data allowance and you have used 8 GB only 1/4 of the way thru your billing cycle. If you have the change take effect "immediately", you would have had a data allowance of 4 GB for the 1st quarter of your billing cycle and a 4 GB overage for a $60 overage fee. You would then have unlimited data to use for the last 3/4 of your billing cycle.

If you backdate the change to the beginning of your billing cycle, you would have no overage.

View solution in original post

0 Likes