Highlighted

need new phone, no upgrade

wildcat1132

I need a new phone now. Eligible for upgrade 9/15. If I pay the early termination fee, can I get an iphone 6 plus on the edge plan. Are there any other options?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: need new phone, no upgrade

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Contracts cannot be paid off to end early.  You can only cancel your line and pay the ETF.  But this is frowned upon.  When you cancel, you lose your number if it has not been ported to another carrier.  You may look into an Early Edge upgrade which is the Turbo right now, or was as of yesterday when I got my email about this.  You would turn in your working phone in exchange.  That trade in is the equivalent of the ETF.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

wildcat1132,

A new phone is always an exciting time! And you've come to the right place for help.

Did something happen to your phone, or are you just looking to upgrade to a new phone? I can definitely take a look at your account to see if you are eligible for Early Edge. Please reply to my direct message so I may further assist.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Highlighted

elliew

Early Edge is only a viable option IF current device is in good working condition for turn in. Since OP is in need of new device now, sounds like current device may have a problem.

0 Likes
Highlighted

wildcat1132

Several reasons, the main one is the charge connection is loose and the cord has to be held or taped. This is my son's phone and he does a lot of business with his phone. He also travels and is on the road right now. He checked into the early edge yesterday and was told he can only get a droid, which he cannot use. Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Wildcat1123,

I understand your concern. Having a working phone is definitely important.

I can review the account to see what options you have available. Keep in mind that I will have the same options available that Customer Service had when they spoke with your son.

Please keep in mind that to be eligible for the Early Edge you need to turn in the current phone activated on the line, and the phone needs to be in good working conditions. Once you have replied to my direct message I can further review the account.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Highlighted

jdpenley3
Novice

Just take the device and go to Sprint. They are offering to cut bills in half, pay off early terminations of up to 350, and offering gift cards and other promotions....

0 Likes
Highlighted

wildcat1132

Don't want a droid, but thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

wildcat1132

It doesn't sound like you are able to help me. It seems that the only option is to go to Best Buy and purchase a phone.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Hey, don't forget that you have to turn in your phone.  But, of course it has to work, then buy a new full price leased phone, then you only cut the data portion of the bill not the whole thing.  It's a slash your bill by 20% or less event!  YAY!!!