Re: my verizon app temporarily blocked

Community Manager
Community Manager

We will get to the bottom of this as I know the importance of easily managing your account, Carte. I appreciate you taking the steps that you have already and I would like to take a closer look at how the account is provisioned on our end. Please send a Private Message via Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/verizon or a Direct Message via Twitter @VZWsupport. I will look forward to working with you further!

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Carte, we hold the key to providing the best network on that device. Let's unlock it. Are you able to access your account online through the web browser or from a PC or laptop?

LasinaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Carte

We are able to log in on anything, except for my wife's new phone (upgrade). However, we are now receiving a new message that states to "log in from your own device". Different error message but the same issue; cannot log in, and only on that phone.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Otoease, thanks for clarifying for us. It is strange for the application to work for your wife's phone, but not yours. Have you gone to the apps store to see if it needs an update? Have you tried to log out of the application then back in?

MarcusS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

KJJJ, thank your for your patience, as we are looking further into why you are having issues with logging into the My Verizon application. Have you checked the application for updates in the app store? Have you tried disabling the application from your settings?

You should not need the My Verizon app in order to access your contacts. Are you referring to the Verizon Cloud?

MarcusS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

KJJJ, this seems like a real head-scratcher. It is very possible that there is a conflict with non-Verizon software and authentication. Since this is a non-Verizon phone (unlocked) we don't have specific support for it. This being said, the best options we could suggest is to reset/clear cache on the My Verizon app through Application Manager. If you can uninstall and re-install the app it would strongly recommended.

JoelR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

MIKE3232GUY

I've also been seeing the log in from your own device now for a few days & spoke to a Verizon Level 2 tech & he said that there is a bigger issue happening & said there was open a ticket from others.

Screenshot_20161203-140858.png
The issue can't be non Verizon phones because Carte is using a Moto Z & thats a Verizon wireless phone, & the Google Pixel phones are Verizon phones.

Unless there's any other forum posts or threads that describe this issue with unlocked devices not being able to use the MyVerizon app then that answer should be disregarded.

I believe there needs to be an update to the app or a reset pushed out to everyone's profiles to correct the problem.

Carte

I was finally able to solve this issue by calling Verizon. The represent had me do the following:

1) Create a new log in name for my wife's phone number on a laptop computer.

2) Force stop the My Verizon App in the app settings.

3) Clear the data on the app

4) Log in on the laptop with the new ID and password for my wife's phone.

5) Log in on the actual phone with the new ID.

Hope this might work for someone else.

0 Likes

MIKE3232GUY

Followed the steps you did & I'm still seeing the same sign in from your device message...

Anyone else still unable to log into the App?

Carte

That's a bummer that it didn't work for you. I would still recommend to call Verizon and see if they can figure it out for you.

0 Likes