my verizon app temporarily blocked

36YRDREAM

I just got a new Google Pixel phone and signed up with Verizon.  I successfully registered for a My Verizon account using my laptop and can log in with no problem.  I installed the My Verizon app from the Google Play Store V12.5.16 on my phone.  Whenever I attempt to log in, I enter my userid and when I enter my password, I get the following dialog message "Sorry for the inconvenience, you are temporarily blocked from signing in".  How can I log into the app?  I did try resetting the password using the link in the app login screen, but that resulted in the same issue.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: my verizon app temporarily blocked

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

Are you connected via wifi or cellular data when you attempt to log in?  You MAY need to be obn cellular initially ... I'm not sure.  Have you tried logging in with your 10-digit phone number, rather than username?

View solution in original post

0 Likes

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

Are you connected via wifi or cellular data when you attempt to log in?  You MAY need to be obn cellular initially ... I'm not sure.  Have you tried logging in with your 10-digit phone number, rather than username?

View solution in original post

0 Likes

HIMAYTHELUSH

I had this same issue arise earlier today, and neither the username nor 10-digit number worked with the My Verizon app while on WiFi. Just now, I tried both over cellular, and got the same result: inability to log in with the same "Sorry for the inconvenience, you are temporarily blocked from signing in" prompt. Using either ID works fine on their website directly.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Carte

My wife's new Moto Z Droid is doing the same thing. I tried on both wifi and 4G and it doesn't work. Still says I am temporarily locked out.

0 Likes

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

Interesting - I just tried and was able to log on with no issues.  I have a Google Pixel, and I use the data widget, and use that to sign in to view other details on the account.  Temporary outage?

0 Likes

HIMAYTHELUSH

I should probably clarify that I'm having this issue on an iPhone 6, running iOS 10.1

0 Likes

Otoease

I have the exact thing happening. What's weird is that my wife has no problem with it on her cell phone which is the same model as mine .

0 Likes

36YRDREAM

I wonder if a moderator or My Verizon app expert would be able to comment on what appears to be a somewhat widespread issue?  FYI... I am on Android 7.1 with security patch level 11/5/16.

0 Likes

Carte

This seems to be directly related to upgrading a line because my phone has no problem, only my wife's, which is a new phone.

Otoease

Yes I believe you are right. My phone is also new.

0 Likes