Highlighted

Re: my unlimitted data plan was charged double without notice

I know the increase is valid amount. The fact is not about the amount, it's the way verizon response to client.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

Even with autopay, you still have the ability to view your bills. With you saying they had errors before with your bill I would be one to check they took the correct amount each month.

As for the price increase, yes, it did start for the phase 1 group in November 2015 and continues through at least two other groups of customers with the various different unlimited data plans that Verizon Wireless has in their system. They started with the customers who had the Nationwide Plans for at least smartphones with the unlimited smartphone data plan and worked down the line to the Broadband plans and the former Alltel customers. I know this because I was one of those phase 1 customers with the increase. I saw the notification in my bill and online.

Regarding the customers that use more than 100 to 200 GB on average per month. Verizon Wireless is starting to enforce their fair use clause in the Customer Agreement linked at the bottom of every Verizon Wireless web page. Those customers are using an excessive amount of data and the bandwidth available on the tower and reducing the experience for the other customers connected to that tower. Verizon Wireless sent out letters to that 1% of customers to inform them to either switch to the tiered data and pay for the real share of the network they are using or Verizon Wireless will cancel them removing those lines from the network. If you don't use that much data then you won't have received that letter.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Highlighted

thanks for sharing your opinion. Sound like you have good experience with Verizon. You should rather be their rep. than the others I had conversation with since 2015 to recent. I wish you could go over all my docs and chatting info since 2015. Even though i just had conversation with them in mid 2016 and ask them to confirm if there's any change from my plan and they said no (sure I saved all those documents).

not only that, also I requested to send me those kind of info as you mentioned but guess what I received after chatting with them: yes verizon sent me the link via my email yesterday and after I click on that link, it's not docs about how to raise the fee, it's is and such letter confirm me as:

AGAIN, not about the increasing of bill, it's about SERVICEs how Verizon treat the customer that bring me upset. Any way, thanks for your time sharing info to me. I guess my case only be solved by move forward to the third party.

thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

It is for your reasons and several others that I never sign up for auto payments for any company. You are giving away your right to decide how much to pay and giving it to the company. Now instead of controlling when and how much you pay, the company decides when and how much to take. I am very busy too, but I am not willing to give this control up. Now I do use auto pay but it is through my bank payment system never through a company directly for charges that never or rarely change.

0 Likes
Highlighted

thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

benjerry wrote:

ok , what the purpose of automatically payment set up? It's not the first time they did wrong on my bill then how I trust them?

This I certainly don't understand. You have had problems with your bill in the past so you counter that by NOT reviewing your bill every month. How does that make sense?

The purpose to set up automatic payment is to not forget to send in payment. That is why I have it set up on my account. I STILL look at my bill each month, though. I don't have a SINGLE bill where I make a payment the exact day I receive the bill. THAT is why I set up auto payment, so I don't look at the bill and then forget to make the payment within the next 1-2 weeks.

Verizon has the obligation to NOTIFY you of changes. They do so by putting notifications in your bill. Whether you have paperless billing or a mailed statement the notifications are there. Whether you pay manually, automatically from your band or by auto pay thru Verizon the notifications are there. There is no way for Verizon to guarantee that you actually choose to read those notifications, though. It is your responsibility to review your bill when received, but Verizon cannot force you to do so.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thanks rcschnoor, but you may not get through my whole problem of verizon. The question I mentioned here following the conversation with Ann154.

i copied and pasted the chatting box with Verizon staff and tried to show how they responsed to my questions. Sorry for any confusing you.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Bill increase is always really surprising, but I think we also need to understand that price increase is really inevitable. Price increase means that provider's maintenance cost is also increasing.

As for the notifications, the ways provider can notify us is through our bill, email, or myverizon, and I believe these are already enough for us to be notified. Auto-payment set up is only for us to be updated on our payment. Changes really happen and the only way for us to know it is to personally check the notifications they sent to us.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Benjerry, we are glad that forum members have been able to provide you with accurate information regarding your charges. As a mother of 3, I know that changes on your bill can be very unsettling. Were there any specific questions that we might still assist with?

LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes