my newly activated Iphone4 can only make outgoing calls

kcammons

im a new customer. i transfered my old phone number from VM. this is also my first iphone.

i activated phone two hours ago. i can only make oitgoing calls. incoming calls go to voicemail, which i cannot listen too. i cannot send or receive texts. help!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: my newly activated Iphone4 can only make outgoing calls

Weth
Sr. Leader

Did you dial *228 and select option 1?

Also try turning off the phone completely, holding the sleep/wake button at the top until the turn off slide comes up. Turn off, wait a minute. Then turn back on by pressing and holding sleep/wake button until Apple logo comes up.

**Warning to others. Never dial *228 if you have an LTE phone with a SIM. That includes iPhones 5 and higher. For iPhone 4S and 4, you can (and should) periodically dial *228 to update roaming list.

0 Likes
Highlighted

bizzareone

If you ported the number from another carrier then you may not get calls or messages untill the port is fully finished. This may take up to 72 hours before receiving calls and text. (this is standard)

0 Likes

MiiHere
Leader

If you just ported in your number it can take up 24 hours for the port to be completed. If it goes over the 24 hour mark I would call as according to the FCC unless it's government or business account 24 hours is the max time it can take.

The process will go faster if you ensure your previous device is turned off.

0 Likes