message app not accessible

Since update, cannot access messages [I use the regular app, not Message+] without allowing the app access to my storage.  Is this new Verizon or Google policy?

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: message app not accessible

I believe that it needs access to your storage so that it can save your txt there. I know it also wants access to other parts of your phone but camera and locations are the only one that you can really block for it to work right. I believe most apps need that much access and some want more

0 Likes

Customer Support

AKIEIS10, having the latest software update will make your device and applications run better. I apologize for the issues you're having with the Verizon Message+. The Verizon message+ application needs to access your storage to retain your messages. Do you use the Verizon Message+ on other devices to send and receive text messages?  

JacobV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

I do not use message+; I use the standard, plain vanilla message app. And

until about a week ago

everything was working well. I would guess the latest Android update broke

it.

Of course, most of my messages come from Verizon, with advertising, so

maybe it's not such a great loss to

lose access.

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 12:45 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes

Customer Support

AKIEIS10,

We apologize for the misunderstanding. The messaging app will require access to your device's storage so that it can retain your messages and display any messages saved to the device. You can view a list of the app permissions and what they're for by going to Settings > Apps or Applications > Messages > Permissions > Menu(three dots upper right) > All permissions.  

Regarding the messages you're receiving from us, you have the option to update your preferences for communications via your My Verizon account. Log into My Verizon using this link http://spr.ly/6588DErF6 then choose the Manage my offers and promotional alerts option. You'll be able to choose and update your preferences there.

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes