Highlighted

meets all criteria

Okay so I meet all the criteria to be eligible for Verizon Edge. However I couldn't do it on May 7th. I am almost a year onto my contract and I had to get replacement phones under my warranty (since I had the phones for under a year at that point)  that weren't supposed to mess with my Verizon Edge eligibility. So I'd kind of just like to know what's going on.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: meets all criteria

Sr. Leader

It seems you have forgotten about one of the criteria to be eligible for Verizon Edge. You must currently NOT be under contract. Since you are "almost a year into your contract" that means you have a little OVER a year until you are eligible for a discounted upgrade. Therefore, you DO NOT meet all of the criteria to be eligible for Verizon Edge.

From the Verizon Edge page(notice the portion in red):

Who is eligible for Verizon Edge?

To be eligible for Verizon Edge, your device must be eligible for an upgrade and:

• Existing customers of 7+ months must have a good payment history with us during the prior six months.
  • New and existing customers of 6 months or less must pass a credit check.
  • You must have a postpaid service agreement with Verizon Wireless.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

It seems you have forgotten about one of the criteria to be eligible for Verizon Edge. You must currently NOT be under contract. Since you are "almost a year into your contract" that means you have a little OVER a year until you are eligible for a discounted upgrade. Therefore, you DO NOT meet all of the criteria to be eligible for Verizon Edge.

From the Verizon Edge page(notice the portion in red):

Who is eligible for Verizon Edge?

To be eligible for Verizon Edge, your device must be eligible for an upgrade and:

• Existing customers of 7+ months must have a good payment history with us during the prior six months.
  • New and existing customers of 6 months or less must pass a credit check.
  • You must have a postpaid service agreement with Verizon Wireless.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I am an existing customer I've been with Verizon almost 3 years. And I should meet all criteria and I know for sure I'd pass a credit check since I did in the first place to get the phones I have now. Which don't work very well. And I don't know about you but I'd prefer a phone that works over one that doesn't.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Did you NOT notice the part in red????

your device must be eligible for an upgrade and

This equates to NOT being under contract. Since you are "almost a year into your contract" which I assume has a 2 year term, your device IS NOT eligible for an upgrade. As a result, you don't even pass the first criterion.

At some point, Verizon MAY offer you an Early Edge, but it will only be for a specific phone which you may not want AND you would have to return your current phone in good working condition without any physical damage. I don't think Early Edge is such a great deal. Still, some people like it as long as their phone of choice is available for Early Edge. As far as I know, the Droid Turbo is the only phone which is currently offered for Early Edge.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I can just take my business else where then. Since I've been lied to by Verizon Wireless customer service reps. For the past three months.

0 Likes

Sr. Leader

Good luck with the new provider.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Highlighted

Never mind not changing since I cannot afford to.

Amarisa Becker

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
We appreciate your loyalty Techsavvysomewhat! We want to help you out as much as we can. Are you currently eligible for the http://spr.ly/65817dBL Edge program? Is there something wrong with your current phone?
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
Highlighted

I was told that I was three times in the past three months that I am eligible for it. And I know as an existing customer you can still qualify for Edge. Come the 14th of this May I will have been with verizon for three years. We had issues with our old phones and under warranty sent them back and got refurbished phones. And I talked to another customer service rep who told me that most customers can get Verizon Edge a year into their contract and to check back in on the 15th of this month since the 14th is our year.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
We do appreciate your loyalty Techsavvysomewhat! I would love to look into your account and give you the correct answer to get this issue resolved once and for all. I have sent you a private message so I can further assist.
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!