Highlighted

locked out of old community profile

Odd problem... I had arranged for one of our phone lines to be disconnected (was only being used for a short time on a trip) and Verizon disconnected one of our "live" lines instead. Smiley Sad

Unfortunately, the number for that line was the one I used before to log into My Verizon and was connected to my community profile JasiuK. After it was disconnected, I had to use a different number on our accout to get into My Verizon and, to get back into this community, set up a new profile (this one, jjkraw).

The good news is the "live" number got reconnected and that's all straightened out. The bad news is I'm effectively locked out of the JasiuK profile because I still can't log in with that number.

Someone named JosephE_VZW just tried to contact me via a private message on JasiuK (I got an email) regarding Disney+. I have no way to respond to that because I can't access the JasiuK private messages.

So, two things:

1. JosephE_VZW - if you read this, try to PM me at this profile (jjkraw).
  2. Is there any way for me to get access back to my old profile? (JasiuK).

Please note Verizon people: any and all PMs need to go to jjkraw right now.

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: locked out of old community profile

Expert

This is the very reason I'm glad my community profile isn't linked to my account. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Highlighted

Yeah, good point. Wish I had done it that way originally...

0 Likes
Highlighted

There were several threads a while ago regarding this issue.  A knowledgeable agent will somehow have to reset your login profile and associate it properly with your account/number.  My profile login was locked out for awhile after a forum upgrade until an agent did their magic and fixed it.  Probably some database got out-of-sync.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Highlighted

Re: Locked Out of Old Community Profile

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi jjkraw - TJ from the Community team responding. Thanks for letting us know about your difficulty with your Community profile. 

Please expect and respond with more information the private message sent to you. We will work to resolve this for you.

-tj

Content Manager

Wireless Community

TJ Elgin
Community Content Manager/Moderator
0 Likes