Highlighted

is unlimited data per line or per plan?

I have 4 phones and 2 iPads on my family plan.  Just curious if the new unlimited plan is unlimited (up to 22gb) per line.  Or is it for the whole account?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: is unlimited data per line or per plan?

Sr. Leader

It is per line. Also it is deprioritized after 22 GB, not a hard throttle. That means if the tower you are using is not impacted, you will continue at full LTE speed even after 22 GB. Only if the tower becomes busy will you be the first one to be slowed to give more bandwidth to others that have not used as much data.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Per line as per phone conversation with VZW rep.

0 Likes
Highlighted

On the email I received upon switching, the fine print says 22GB/line/mo.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

It is per line. Also it is deprioritized after 22 GB, not a hard throttle. That means if the tower you are using is not impacted, you will continue at full LTE speed even after 22 GB. Only if the tower becomes busy will you be the first one to be slowed to give more bandwidth to others that have not used as much data.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Every customer service representative I spoke with told me the 22gb is per plan even though it says per line.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

It is per line. Full Stop.

0 Likes
Highlighted

its unlimited. But the 22GB limit you hit that will "put you at the back of the line" on data speeds applys as a total on the whole account. I personally found out the hard way. I have 4 lines and one iPad line. We were on the 100gb plan before and never was slowed down always 32-45mps at my home on LTE. Well, we switched to the new unlimited plan saving about a $100 a month (we have no access to cable or landlines for internet) so we switched and everything was as is until we totaled 22GB on the account. Immediately our speeds where reduced at peak times on the tower (6 to 9pm) sometimes speeds are way below 1mps down. After talking with level III support and doing the ridiculous reset of all the devices our speeds were still low. eventually the supervisors told us how it worked on the new plan. Account that hit 22GB will be put to the back of the line so to speak on a tower when network traffic is high. Which explains our low speeds during peak times. If we are on at midnight our speeds increase once more But not the 32 to 45mps we use to enjoy. So the immediate solution was to switch off "LTE" in our settings and use 3G which no one is on now. This allows us 2mps down and 1mps up on every device. Since we have a full signal at home (tower less than a mile away) the latency is very quick even quicker than LTE at peak times. We have since switched back to our old plan which they will allow you to do and we enjoy 32 plus mps once again. Even seems if we are prioritized now. I hope this helps!