Highlighted

is this punishment for going to straight talk

Please help

I recently purchased a straight talk phone to include unlimited data, text and 3GB of data.  My monthly bill would be the same as for my Verizon flip phone which is only only 450 minutes of talk.   I decided the straight talk phone was a much better deal. I spoke with a Verizon rep and they could not offer me a better deal. Today I viewed my Verizon bill and found that I was charged $173.13 for data use on my flip phone.  I have never used data on my flip phone and never would at 1.99 a MB (I’m not stupid).  The service rep told me it was charged during the transfer to straight talk and it was straight talk’s fault and I still was responsible for the bill.  I asked to speak to a supervisor.  I was put in contact with Joseph Albuquerque NM office.  He informed me that the charges were from before the transfer.  Below are the charges by date and time.

05/11/2015

11:30 AM

METER PAYU MB WITH EVDO

05/11/2015

1:43 PM

METER PAYU MB WITH EVDO

1. 943.1

05/11/2015

2:06 PM

METER PAYU MB WITH EVDO

1. 1.0

05/11/2015

2:08 PM

METER PAYU MB WITH EVDO

05/11/2015

6:08 PM

METER PAYU MB WITH EVDO

05/11/2015

10:09 PM

METER PAYU MB WITH EVDO

1. 500.7

Joseph informed me that was not correct that there was a lag time.  My Verizon phone went dead from the transfer at about 10 am on the 11 of May 2015.  When I pointed out the above lines from my bill, he insisted that the charges were from my former Verizon flip phone at a date prior to 11 May and that I was responsible for the charges.  Even though he said the usage was previous to the transfer, when I asked for a copy of the actual usage times he said he couldn’t release that to me because of FCC rules. He insisted that the data was used on my flip phone.  Since I have total control of my phone I feel he insinuated that I was dishonest and for some reason I decided to just arbitrarily start using data at $1.99 mb.  I feel this is an unsatisfactory answer.  I am retired military so I live on a fixed income and I cannot afford to throw away $173.13.  I feel I am being punished by Verizon for changing over to straight talk.  I have been with Verizon for many years and I am very disappointed in the treatment of this matter.  Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Personal Information was removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message was edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: is this punishment for going to straight talk

Community Manager
Community Manager
Thines, I'm terribly sorry to hear of the frustration you're experiencing! We don't want any of our customers to feel this way! Just to confirm, do you still have a current account with Verizon or did you port out to your number to Straight Talk? Thanks in advance for clarifying!

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Highlighted

I have ported over to straight talk on my mobile phone.  I still have verizon home phone and a data plan, which I am currently looking for other carriers.  Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Thanks for replying, Thines. Prior to moving your wireless service from Verizon to Straight Talk, did you have prepaid or postpaid services with Verizon?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Highlighted

I was on a month to month account with no contract.  The issue was resolved and my account was credited for the 173.13.  I still received no explanation for the problem.  Also Joseph who was referenced above assured me that his supervisor would call me within in 72 hours.  4 Days later and still no call.  I feel I am owed an apology from Joseph for being accused of deliberately using the data.  This individual does not belong in customer service, especially as a supervisor!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I too have a nightmare with Straight Talk.  I purchased two BYOP (bring your own phone) kits from Walmart and proceeded to transfer my kids phones to the new provider when, low and behold, I discovered that the two registration numbers were stolen.  Brand new from box.  $110 flushed down the toilet that fast!  Called up customer service and they all told me the same thing.  Nothing they can do to credit me or make it right.  I can't believe Verizon shares their network with such a shady company.  Now, if you got to https://straighttalkbyop.com, it shows an expired certificate!!!!

0 Likes