is there a smart phone (touch screen) that works well for someone who has nerve problems and numb fingers? specifically larger keys for texting

emilyah9

My mom currently has a small touch-screen trac phone. She has nerve problems and her fingers are numb, so between that and a small phone it's really difficult for her to text. She wants to switch to a "real" phone, so I want to add her to my plan, but looking for suggestions on a touch screen smart phone good for someone with no feeling in their fingers - a phone that has a larger display keyboard, or you can change settings to make the keys larger and easier to use?

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: is there a smart phone (touch screen) that works well for someone who has nerve problems and numb fingers? specifically larger keys for texting

Ann154
Power User

Both Apple and Android smartphones have accessibility options for sight, hearing, and mobility limitations.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: is there a smart phone (touch screen) that works well for someone who has nerve problems and numb fingers? specifically larger keys for texting

JohnB_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

I know how important it is to have a phone that will best suit your mother's needs, emilyah9. We are always here to help.

As Ann154 mentioned the Apple and Android devices have accessibility options that you can use to help accommodate your mother's needs. You can view the common accessibility settings to Apple devices here Common Accessibility Settings - Apple iOS | Verizon Wireless  and for Android devices here Accessibility Settings - Android | Verizon Wireless

I am unable to recommend a specific phone because there are many devices that will allow you to adjust the settings to meet your needs. I can suggest visiting one of stores and test the phones that are on display to see what phone your mother feels more comfortable with. That would be the best way to find a phone that she feels comfortable using. You can visit Verizon Store Near Me, Verizon Wireless Store | Verizon Wireless to find the nearest store location.

You mentioned that you were thinking of adding your mother to your VZW account. Once you are ready to add her new line, you can do so online, at a store, or with our Telesales team by calling 888-924-7937.

We're here if you need further assistance.

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes