Highlighted

i have a family plan with three phones. am i able to remove one of the phones from the family plan and start a new contract?

nubiar

i have a family plan with three phones. am i able to remove one of the phones from the family plan and start a new contract? Need to know if i need to wait for one of the phones to expire or if i can just go ahead and remove a phone and start a new contract.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: i have a family plan with three phones. am i able to remove one of the phones from the family plan and start a new contract?

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Someone can take over that line with an assumption of liability, but no it cannot be just taken off and moved around if on contract to start a new one.  Must complete one before starting another.

0 Likes

Re: i have a family plan with three phones. am i able to remove one of the phones from the family plan and start a new contract?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Great news nubiar! You can transfer any of your phones to a friend or family member (except if the phone is in the EDGE program) via the Assumption of Liability (AOL) process. See this link http://vz.to/VjDovI for AOL process steps. When you transfer a phone via AOL the person taking your phone is also taking responsability for that contract. You can then add a line to your account with a new contract if you want.

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes