Highlighted

Re: huge data overages?

Verizon is committing grand larceny And no one from support is going tell me any different.  The only thing that is changed is their billing process.  Try to get an explanation or help and they try to sell you something.

[Removed] Don't think so, class action is in order. It will all come out in the wash soo enough. [Removed]

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Highlighted

Find this topic and article very interesting because I have been noticing the same thing. I went from having 4-6 GB for years and years and staying below, and was this way until June. I changed to a 15gb in July because we were moving and were going to be without home wifi for at least a month. Low behold I have now been over double the 6gb since then and we have home wifi for 4 of the last 5 months. [Removed]... I can understand a little difference but not double and not to the point of going over 2 of the last 4 months.

Something is not right and I am giving it another month to monitor or will be considering changing carriers all together before I upgrade to iPhone 7.

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Keeping your data usage under control is definitely important so I completely understand your concern Eric_SFO. We never want to lose you.

Have you reviewed the data usage details via My Verizon to view the dates and times the data is being used http://vz.to/2gFnnMr? Do you turn off cellular data when connecting to WiFi? How are you using your phone for data access?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

yes all of this and I am doing more research. I was unaware of the Wifi Assist setting so I turned that off and reset my stats on my phone. Going to actually reset them on the 10th again because that's my new billing cycle.

I'll give it another month for evalaution and see where I am at. The cruks of

it is other than July and part of August nothing changed that much, that I am aware of anyway. We were without home wifi those months so that make sense but it is still higher even since we got home wifi.

The data usage is over double and as of yet it can't be explained. Doesn't seem so far fetched that it's something on Verizon's end either given all the other threads concerning this issue and threats of class actions.

Anyway I'm going to table this for another month and go from there. Maybe it is an app(s) that I'll just have correct and move on.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Your patience and assistance with the data usage is greatly appreciated, ERIC_SFO. I'm confident that with wifi assist turn off that you will see a reduction in the data usage. Feel free to reach out to us with your findings when the next month's bill becomes available.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have 2 androids no wifi assist 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
Highlighted

That's funny....you wont even talk to me and I've been a loyal customer for 8 YEARS!!!!!!!!

0 Likes