Highlighted

Re: huge data overages?

I chatted in to support yesterday about this and they said that I needed to call tier 2 tech support...

I used to use 4GB/month.... I'M UP TO 12GB!

I went to check at my data excel sheet this morning so I could educatedly speak to the support representative this morning... THEY ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? HOW CONVENIENT FOR THEM.

It showed me that Verizon has been charging me .0001GB of data EVERY HALF HOUR - when I'm on WIFI AND SLEEPING.

Smart Switch has been turned off on my phone since I bought the damn thing. Keep WIFI on during sleep is marked ALWAYS.

And today I was told I now have to go into my settings > data usage > and UNCKECK Mobile data to make 100% sure I'm on WIFI. I'VE NEVER HAD TO DO THAT BEFORE! WHY DO I HAVE TO DO IT NOW!

Can someone have a supervisor call me please?!

Highlighted

I have had replies via email that make no sense and when I reply is bounced back. I've filed a complaint with the FCC and got an email again asking for more info. I responded to them, but got no other info. Does anyone know if a class action suit has been started? If so, how do I get included?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

SPPPT46540 wrote:

Does anyone know if a class action suit has been started? If so, how do I get included?

No it hasn't. You may want to read the following.

Why you can't sue your wireless carrier in a class action - CNET

Highlighted

I was wondering the same as I would like to be a party to it.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I am having this same issue, we have been going over out data limit almost every month. Some of it I get since we had been using a lot more with certain apps that we had, but when we get text messages in the middle of the night saying we just went over our data limit or when we are at home using our wifi and get a message, is just down right ridiculous. I'm fed up with it, and think this company is just too [Removed] expensive anyway, I will be switching phone carriers soon.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

It is troubling to hear about the experience you've had, NICGOO41 and I would be happy to assist. It is important to us that we get on the same page and have a clear understanding of how your data is working.

What is the make/model of the device? Have you added any new software updates or apps recently? I have also included general information on data usage here http://vz.to/1RpL7CR Please reach back out to us at your earliest convenience.

SteveR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an ongoing HUGE problem for thousands of Verizon customers. I recently switched to a new Verizon account and within 14 days I supposedly had used 8GB of data. That is absolutely ridiculous when I had NEVER in over 5+ years with Verizon ever went over 4GB per month. In addition to the article posted above from Cleveland, here's another article discussing the data overage problems that Verizon customers are dealing with.

http://www.syracuse.com/business-news/index.ssf/2016/09/hundreds_of_verizon_customers_are_battling_d...

Apparently the FCC is also receiving/taking complaints about this issue. To file a complaint with the FCC, go to: https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/us

Verizon - how about just admitting you are screwing your customers and fix this problem???

Highlighted

Customer Support

WENGRE1,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Making sure your data usage is accurate is key! I’m the exact same way with my personal service. I’ll be delighted to help with this and provide you with some answers. We do offer information via our website that can help find out where your data is being used. Here’s more details http://vz.to/1Fy2R5Z Have you changed the way you’re utilizing data from your device? Are you connecting to wifi during your data sessions? If so, any issues with these wifi connections?

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Our family has experienced the same thing. Since January we have had overages costing us from 15 to 90 dollars in overages in data utilization. I'm not sure what has changed with Verizon or the phone manufacturers but someone is making money hand over fist. Think about millions of customers at 15 extra dollars a month on the customers. I have always had low usage but my son and my daughter don't have wifi at work so if they do anything online it's incrementing the data usage up. My wife and I have wifi at work and at home so we turn, in Settings, cellular data off and then on that same page scroll down to the bottom and turn wifi assistant off. To tell you the truth this really should be a class action law suit and should be reported to the FCC.

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is happening everywhere and news articles are being written about it. I had never used over 2 GB of data with my new phone. I do NOT have a FB account, and I only ever read email and Google. I went for a year with no problem. Then suddenly in spring (same as so many other people) I suddenly began receiving near-limit warnings that seemed greatly unfounded. So I upgraded to 6GB plan, 3 times as much as I normally would use. I IMMEDIATELY began receiving more and more notices that my data was used up now at 6GB too! And within one week, even adding 2 MORE GB beyond that, I STILL got warnings that my data was suddenly at the limit. This is ridiculous and I have filed with the FCC just as thousands of other people are doing. Verizon is charging $15.00 for 0.02 gb overage, imagine how many millions of dollars they make doing this to every customer! And they're IGNORING complaints and trying to tell everyone it is the PERSON'S error not theirs. RIDICULOUS