HOW DO I APPLY FOR THE 55+ DISCOUNT PROGRAM

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: how do i get the 55  discount

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

How do I get the Go Unlimited plan for 55+?

If you're new to Verizon: Once we verify your eligibility, you can sign up online and your account for 1 or 2 phones will be activated with the Go Unlimited plan for 55+.

If you already have Verizon service, you can call Customer Service at (800) 922-0204 or visit a Verizon store to verify your eligibility and get this plan.

Go Unlimited Plan for 55 Plus FAQs | Verizon Wireless

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

How do I get the Go Unlimited plan for 55+?

If you're new to Verizon: Once we verify your eligibility, you can sign up online and your account for 1 or 2 phones will be activated with the Go Unlimited plan for 55+.

If you already have Verizon service, you can call Customer Service at (800) 922-0204 or visit a Verizon store to verify your eligibility and get this plan.

Go Unlimited Plan for 55 Plus FAQs | Verizon Wireless

philakid

In the FAQs for the Go Unlimited 55 plan, it states one of the requirements is that you need to "Have a Florida, Illinois, Missouri, Texas or Detroit, Michigan, billing address on your account".

If this is true, why did Verizon send a test message to me in South Carolina as follows:

FREE VZW MSG: Exclusive offer for you as a 55+ year old. Get unlimited data at a discounted price. Only $80/mo access for 2 lines w/ Auto Pay. Stay connected with friends and family, explore the internet and keep on top of your email. Only available by calling 800.922.0204.

Of course, when I called, I was told that the agent to whom  I was speaking was not familiar with this plan a

0 Likes

philakid

In the FAQs for the Go Unlimited 55 plan, it states one of the requirements is that you need to "Have a Florida, Illinois, Missouri, Texas or Detroit, Michigan, billing address on your account".

If this is true, why did Verizon send a text message to me in South Carolina as follows:

FREE VZW MSG: Exclusive offer for you as a 55+ year old. Get unlimited data at a discounted price. Only $80/mo access for 2 lines w/ Auto Pay. Stay connected with friends and family, explore the internet and keep on top of your email. Only available by calling 800.922.0204.

When I called, I was told that the agent to whom  I was speaking was not familiar with this plan and would text me back if eligible.  So far no text back.

0 Likes

boringusername

@philakid wrote:

If this is true, why did Verizon send a text message to me in South Carolina as follows:

When I called, I was told that the agent to whom  I was speaking was not **bleep**.

Verizon offers this plan to people outside of the areas mentioned. The difference is THEY have to offer it to you. You've been offerd so as long as the account owner is 55+ and you only have 2 lines you can get this plan.

0 Likes

philakid

Well yes, they offered it to me.  But actually getting it seems to be the issue as the agent who took my call was unable to activate it for me.

0 Likes

boringusername

@philakid wrote:

Well yes, they offered it to me.  But actually getting it seems to be the issue as the agent who took my call was unable to activate it for me.

Call again. And keep calling until you get it. If it was offered then you can get it as lon as the account owner( I assume it's you ) is 55+ and there are only 2 lines on the account

0 Likes

izzy_grl

I called and got the plan so definitely call back or ask to be transferred to someone else.  After switching I also recieved an estimated bill and it wasn't quite as low as i expected.  So, while you're talking to the agent, ask them what your new bill will be.   While mine overall was a little less (<$20) i did get more data/talk/text  & coverage for Canada though we weren't using all of the data we had before.   

But, we had a 20% employee discount  which couldn't be kept so definitely ask and check out the FAQs for the Go Unlimited 55 plan link i've seen on this page.  

0 Likes

Re: how do i get the 55 discount or a veterans discount. Jim McLain 3343339399

mclainjim

0 Likes

Re: how do i get the 55 discount or a veterans discount. Jim McLain 3343339399

Customer Service Rep

Dear mclainjim,

Being as our 55+ Unlimited plan is already heavily discounted, it can not be combined with any military or employee discounts. Also, are you still in need of changing your calling plan to our 55+ Unlimited plan for two phone lines?

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes