how do i deactivate a phone and activate another one?

oscarrr

by phone. not in the computer

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: how do i deactivate a phone and activate another one?

rtiffin
Novice

The MORE Everything Plan8480; - Managing Devices | Verizon Wireless

here is a link that will answer most of your questions and walk you thru the change over

View solution in original post

rtiffin
Novice

you can go above to your account  under My Verizon .. there is a link to activate a device and to remove the old.. make sure you watch the steps so that you do not end up with it showing you added an additional instead of replacing.. or you can call directly in.. you also may use the chat feature under the contact link above

hope that helps

0 Likes

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

If you happen to be switching from one 4G phone to another 4G phone, and they use the same size SIM card, you can simply turn off the old phone, remove the SIM card, place it in the new phone, then power it on.

0 Likes

rtiffin
Novice

prior to activation ? not to my knowledge .. one would think the carrier would need to know the details on the device prior to activation in order to make sure all is in line ..

although the SIM card is the same size I think the format is different ..

0 Likes
Highlighted

rtiffin
Novice

The MORE Everything Plan8480; - Managing Devices | Verizon Wireless

here is a link that will answer most of your questions and walk you thru the change over

View solution in original post

Snn5
Sr. Leader

Sometimes just moving a SIM from one phone to the other doesn't activate.  Sometimes you have to Live Chat or call Verizon, especially if it is a phone that has never been activated on your line before.

Community Manager
Community Manager

oscarrr,

We want to make sure you are able to get your device activated. What make/model device are you trying to activate? What type of device did you previously have? Were the devices you are tyring to activate ever activated on another telephone number?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes