Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: how do i change the area code on my motorola droid 3

Sr. Leader

You may be able to change the number through your MyVerizon account, though with an area code change, it may have to be done through customer service.  Be sure to make the change effective at the start of your next billing cycle - although your account isn't changing, the number is, and the data and minutes will be pro-rated for each number, causing confusion at best and overages at worst - by making the new number take effect with the billing cycle change, you'll avoid all that.

You can also do it in a corporate store...

** Edit - You may or may not be able to get the same prefix and number with the new area code - so your whole number will change, not just the area code.

Message was edited by: SuzyQ

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: how do i change the area code on my motorola droid 3

Sr. Leader

You may be able to change the number through your MyVerizon account, though with an area code change, it may have to be done through customer service.  Be sure to make the change effective at the start of your next billing cycle - although your account isn't changing, the number is, and the data and minutes will be pro-rated for each number, causing confusion at best and overages at worst - by making the new number take effect with the billing cycle change, you'll avoid all that.

You can also do it in a corporate store...

** Edit - You may or may not be able to get the same prefix and number with the new area code - so your whole number will change, not just the area code.

Message was edited by: SuzyQ

View solution in original post