good working condition

ansem35

So I am just trying to get clarification. I am thinking about upgrading my phone using early Edge. I meet all the requirements but iot says I have to return my old phone in good working order. My phone works fine but the screen is cracked. Does this constitute not in good working condition? Also what kind of penalties am I looking at paying if I use Edge and then return a phone that Verizon deems to not be in "good working condition". Like I said, my phone operates fine but the glass is cracked. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: good working condition

Ann154
Power User

I don't think a cracked screen will allow the phone to considered in good working condition.

Most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

lewisr13
Leader

Cracked screen is not in working order, according to the CSR's I've spoken with. The CSR's and the documentation say the charge may be up to $200, though they can't explain how that's figured.

Community Manager
Community Manager

I am excited to see your interest in the Verizon Edge program ansem35! The returned device must be in good working condition as well as no physical or water damage. The cracked screen would be considered as a device not in good working condition. In the event you were to turn in your device with a cracked screen, a fee of $200 may be billed to your account. For furhter information regarding our VZ Edge program click, http://goo.gl/GTVZXU

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes

ansem35

So from what I understnad from reading is this; if I want to use Edge early I must return my old phone in "good working condition". Here is what the website says.

For a limited time, existing customers who haven't upgraded their phone since 11/13/13 can trade in their phones and use Verizon Edge to enjoy the benefits of a new 4G LTE Smartphone.

The offer will be available 2/13/14 - 6/30/14. To be eligible for this offer, you must:

• Have a trade-in phone in good working condition
  • Pass an internal credit check if you've had an account with us for less than 6 months

But if I wait until my actual upgrade date on my account, I do not need to turn in my old phone.

To be eligible for Verizon Edge, your phone must be eligible for an upgrade and:

• Existing customers of 7+ months must have the last 6 months of good payment history with us.
  • New and existing customers of 6 months or less must pass a credit check.
0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

ansem35 we'll make sure everything is crystal clear! You're absolutely on the right track! With the Early Edge promo, you'll have to trade in your device in good working condition. However if you wait until you're eligible, then you do not have to trade in your device to start Edge.

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes

dk60503

Maybe you should tell your live chat people this.  He told me as long as the phone worked it should be OK.  When I told him what it states in the "What is good working condition?"  That the phone must not be cracked and functioning properly, he told me I should take it to a store and trade it in.  Wouldn't they just tell me the same thing?

0 Likes

crazywater

I don't think the "good working condition" question has been answered.  The Verizon definition specifically says the LCD is not cracked.  If just the outer glass is cracked that is different than the LCD underneath the glass being cracked.  If its just the glass then the phone can still be in good working condition.

So whats the answer Verizon?

0 Likes

Cruser2008
Novice

The phone has to be in good working condition, good working condition means no physical/water damge to the phone. Edge uses the same conditioning as the trade in program. "Is the device and charging port free of cracks, dents, and not missing any pieces/chunks?"

0 Likes

Not applicable

If you got a phone with a cracked screen would you consider that "good working condition"? It HAS been answered NO DAMAGE WHATSOEVER.

0 Likes